• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Looks nice and clean! My concern with the lesser known brands is always reliability.

No, I don't expect the accuracy of a quartz watch, but I also don't want to have to fix the time every week. Hope it treats you well!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Picked this one up at a flea market in Raleigh on Sunday.

1955 Bulova Sea King.

Got it for $15. It's keeping great time. Not a bad find.

de4e3d6250ecf66494561ca79bb03c71.jpg

95d142b4fc70d84774b023e94f5d9b58.jpg

cf8139d1b5a8a4f3cec7da04973712a9.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

1911Buck

Mar 22, 2017
    MD
    gun.jpg

invictas.jpg

The first is an Oakly with my 1911 the three are Invictas. Ive since purchased 6 More invictas and a Seiko Solar. (Don't have pictures of these yet.)

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Looks nice and clean! My concern with the lesser known brands is always reliability.

No, I don't expect the accuracy of a quartz watch, but I also don't want to have to fix the time every week. Hope it treats you well!
    Valid concerns, but at just $300 it's one of the cheaper watches i have and destined to be somewhat of a beater, so not too concerned about this one.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Once in a while, a great deal pops up and one popped up at work. I was able to score a dream watch for the cost of a couple of "decent" shotguns or the cost of a "good" shotgun. I looked at as an investment and an heirloom to pass to my grandson. I had put aside a dollar here and a dollar there to get a shotgun that was not your run of the mill Remington when this came along. Talked it over with the wife and took the leap.

I am now the owner of a 1983 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date. 18k/ Stainless Steel with a smooth bezel and jubilee bracelet. It has recently been serviced and overhauled and I got it at a true deal. My boss, the owner of the pawn shop in which I work told me if I ever sold it for a profit, our friendship would be over instantly. I did not take this lightly.

Yes, I plan to wear it regularly.

Great score! Never seen the smooth bezel before!

I have the same watch, but with the standard bezel that I bought back in '89...

413238228.jpg

hawkeye86

May 15, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Valid concerns, but at just $300 it's one of the cheaper watches i have and destined to be somewhat of a beater, so not too concerned about this one.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If you like white dialed watches, Janis Trading Company (NTH watches) is having a pre sale next month. There are a couple neat white ones. I have one from his last run and it has become my favorite.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    If you like white dialed watches, Janis Trading Company (NTH watches) is having a pre sale next month. There are a couple neat white ones. I have one from his last run and it has become my favorite.

Good looking watches. I'm maxed out in my watch winder+1 on the wrist so I won't be buying anymore watches in the near future.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    After 7 years of hard living, my favorite smith and wesson titanium tritium bit the dust.
    I'm looking to try this one one before purchasing but it has everything I want in an everyday wear watch. I really rely on the tritium a lot in my wear watches.
    http://www.armourlite.com/iso422

If you've seen one around, let me know.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    After 7 years of hard living, my favorite smith and wesson titanium tritium bit the dust.
    I'm looking to try this one one before purchasing but it has everything I want in an everyday wear watch. I really rely on the tritium a lot in my wear watches.

Deal from Massdrop going on now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 12.08.14 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 12.08.14 PM.jpg
      35.3 KB · Views: 331

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Look at Luminox and Deep Blue too. I have a Deep Blue tritium dive watch that is still going strong after 5 years. Built like a tank too.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

I have a Traser Titanium around here somewhere I bought new have only worn a couple of times and would probably sell for a lot less than that. PM me if interested.

Here's a factory pic though mine has a blue dial:

https://www.amazon.com/Traser-H3-P6506-Commander-100/dp/B000VQYEDW

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    G-Shock.. the only watch I have not been able to kill. Worn em for over 30yrs now. I won't likely ever change.. :lol2:

Cheap enough, that when one does start to finally die, I can afford to buy a new one. Never scratched a crystal and I wear my watch 24/7. One rugged watch imo...

This one is a little old school in it's own way.. ;)

edit - I see it's now cocktail hour! :beer:

Attachments

• IMG_3828.JPG
      IMG_3828.JPG
      42.8 KB · Views: 330

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    G-Shock.. the only watch I have not been able to kill. Worn em for over 30yrs now. I won't likely ever change.. :lol2:

Cheap enough, that when one does start to finally die, I can afford to buy a new one. Never scratched a crystal and I wear my watch 24/7. One rugged watch imo...

This one is a little old school in it's own way.. ;)

edit - I see it's now cocktail hour! :beer:

What kills them... since you can't? :shrug:

edisthera

Feb 19, 2015
    Orient Mako, these Japanese watches have really impressed me as a bit of a watch snob. Great movement for $200-$300.

Attachments

• 20170328_170635.jpg
      20170328_170635.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 281

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads