• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    did something better come along in Moscow county that I should of known about , or did the RCPD chase all of the customers out of there ?

Nope, just bad policy, bad employees, and bad attitude in general.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    They just suck all around. Their staff sucks, their prices are some ass and yea that's why

I have never been there but I bet you hit the nail on the head. What is with some of these gun related business where some of them have employees that are rude and belittling to their customers?

And let's not forget to mention the gun related businesses that think their customers are not smart enough to figure out their prices on guns or ammo are selling at MSRP or even higher sometimes.

There is a gun store in frederick near where I work and all of their prices are crazy high. I think the name of the place is the Gun Locker or Gun Room.

A few years ago I was calling around pricing a gun my wife wanted. So I called this place to get their price. They gave me a price that was $100 over MSRP. Thinking there must be a mistake and they were giving me the price of a different gun I said to the guy if he was sure we were talking about the same gun because his price was so high ? He then got very rude to me and then hung the phone up on me.

I was asking around to some of the gun guys I work with about this place and they all said the same thing about this gun store. This store in frederick is a laughing stock to any gun guy that owns a phone and knows how to call other gun stores.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    No. As I mentioned about 2 posts above, they had a Silver Eagle deal a week ago. Unless they just instituted the policy in the last 7 days.

I don't think I've ever had the staff be rude or arrogant to me. Use the Golden Rule. If you behave like an *******, you'll get treated like one.

The only problem I have with the staff is that there isn't a lot of them around, leading to waiting.

If your assumption is that I am at fault for the attitudes at Gilberts then you probably have some connection to them. As mentioned before, the only employee that is nice is the young lady.

Really, I don't think I have EVER seen a rude customer at Gilberts...just the employees..the are even rude to each other.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    I don't think they are getting their FFL anytime soon. We are in the process of getting ours--BeStocked. We are located in Rockville and carry ammo, gun accessories, hunting gear, knives, fishing gear, survival gear and more. We are looking to expand into selling guns and are working on getting our FFL. Stay tuned...

HA... I just was on BESTOCKED.com today looking at the gunvault prices... good to know you are just around the corner... Hope you do get your FFL soon... Ill be checking on you guys every once and a while.

Now I hope someone else opens another indoor range around here. Sadly to say, I miss living close to ONTARGET.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Dick had a lot of legal problems with BATFE involving his record keeping in his bound book. I don't see him getting his FFL back either.

See attached.

Attachments

• gilbert guns failed ffl appeal.pdf
      84 KB · Views: 164

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    If your assumption is that I am at fault for the attitudes at Gilberts then you probably have some connection to them. As mentioned before, the only employee that is nice is the young lady.

Really, I don't think I have EVER seen a rude customer at Gilberts...just the employees..the are even rude to each other.
    Nope, no connection, other than being a member.

Vicki is super nice, and really helpful. Was there yesterday to pop off a few rounds in a new M&P22 and she was telling a couple of Grouponers about their free range day afterward and suggested they take a pic of the ammo board so they would know the pricing when they went home.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I just read the Court's decision which was attached in a previous post. Based on that decision, the only way "Gilberts" is going to get an FFL is to sell the business to someone who already is licensed and in good standing. That opinion by the Court does not mince words in affirming the revocation of his license.

Henchal

Nov 21, 2010
    Gaithersburg
    I've been a range member for two years. Never a problem with the staff. Always friendly. Some temporary staff don't have the knowledge breadth but the long standing employees are supportive and can help you improve your skills. The Groupon and Living Social visitors have been an issue and usually shouldn't be shooting. Gilbert's is much better than On Target, which has a terrible ventilation issue. Saturdays are usually busy wtih security and police officers practicing.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I've been a range member for two years. Never a problem with the staff. Always friendly. Some temporary staff don't have the knowledge breadth but the long standing employees are supportive and can help you improve your skills. The Groupon and Living Social visitors have been an issue and usually shouldn't be shooting. Gilbert's is much better than On Target, which has a terrible ventilation issue. Saturdays are usually busy wtih security and police officers practicing.

Amen - something positive.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

Ditto. I've never had a problem at Gilberts with the staff. In fact, I've found them to be friendly.

Yes you have to pay for the ammo but Gilbert's is damn convenient for us who live near. I don't mind paying a little extra for the convenience.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

It is refreshing to see that you have had a good experience. I feel as though I have wasted my money as I paid an annual membership and hate going to that range.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    The only person I can say is attentive is the young lady at the front desk.

She's the person I'd prefer to deal with. And she must be nice, since my gf lets me talk to her :D Actually, she is much better offering my gf a 'woman's opinion' without talking down to her like some men do. Not so much at Gilbert's as elsewhere (mostly some of the LEO's she runs into at work).

Glad the lines are shortened up. I need to go through a box or three of .38 when I get my S&W this week! :party29:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Mildly amusing that Gilbert lost his license after 427 firearms turned up missing from his records, a large number of which seem to have been stolen.

If he'd been working for ATF, no problemo. Maybe he can call Holder, get a job with the govt? He's got the right idea, just not thinking big enough.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Went to Gilbert's with my son yesterday afternoon. I'd say over half of the lanes were in use while we were there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom