• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Asking about demographics. Now discussing whether or not that is relevant.

They don't seem to be concerned with locations where you could get training and practice.

I see this as two things.
    1 reducing illegal activity
    2 reducing accidents

Can't do anything with criminal activity other than lock up repeat offenders.

To prevent accidents, need to have training available, but AA county really doesn't have a place for this. Ownership is discouraged. NRA has lots of training available, but they are the anti-christ.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It's interesting, my group is scheduling a meeting in July to discuss the issues OUTSIDE OF THE VIEW OF THE PUBLIC.

July 11th conference call.

They can't do that, without violating the open meetings act which they have stated they would abide by.

This needs to hammered home to Pittman's representative. Even if it means threatening them with taking the issue to the Open Meetings Act Review Board.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Group finally mentioned see something say something training in public schools.

They took hunter's safety out of schools!

Not a single mention of seeking anything from gun owners like training, safe storage, and maybe transfers.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Someone at the podium discussing data. As mentioned before, should be able to get from FBI.

They probably are afraid of the data.

My group was the communication and outreach. Oops!

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    In addition to the data AAPD is collecting, member Jamie Benoit is offering pro bono work from his 1000 person CT analysis firm to mine court transcript data.

May need County Executive assistance to the Court Clerk. May be a Task Force recommendation.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Curious about the table where Ed was sitting
    That was the one with the state's attorney.

They think that passing more laws, like where you can discharge a firearm will make a difference. Pretty sure it's illegal to shoot someone inside the 7- Eleven.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    In addition to the data AAPD is collecting, member Jamie Benoit is offering pro bono work from his 1000 person CT analysis firm to mine court transcript data.

May need County Executive assistance to the Court Clerk. May be a Task Force recommendation.

I’m sure that when the public finds out that court recordings will be mined for data by this group, that will not go over well.

My first impression is that the courts are not subject to the County Executive’s political whims and the Courts are a state entity. So they may not get access unless they pay for it.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Attending these monthly charades, being denied all the handouts distributed to the official members, being told to STFU and submit our questions/comments in writing, being challenged about sitting in on sub-committee sessions, then being pointedly ignored in those sessions--is clear evidence that this not an actionable arena for us. Even given all of this our ongoing presence there IS important.

But in addition to that we need to develop and execute an action strategy outside of this setting. First we need to be clear about what we want to see happen as a result of the creation of this task force. Second, we need to think about specific demands that move us in that direction. Third we need to plan and execute actions aimed at prosecuting our agenda.

Criteria:

Control the arena
    Control the target
    Control the issue
    Control the demands
    Control the action
    Control the narrative

So the question is: Who wants a piece of this?

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Your MDS Minutemen and Patriots divided up and grabbed chairs at each of the Task Farce subgroup tables.

Not hovering nearby - - I mean SAT AT EACH TABLE!

These are 2A Freedom Fighters!

MigraineMan monitoring “Behavioral Health”

Attachments

• 4AE7024E-19E4-4B0D-8434-14AE3FE78225.jpg
      4AE7024E-19E4-4B0D-8434-14AE3FE78225.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 277

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    I sat in on the "Victim Services Community Impact and Response" subcommittee.

-They are trying to determine how success is defined for this program.
    -They want to explore how mental health is affected by victims and onlookers of gun violence.
    -Drug dealers don't want to be drug dealers, they are because they don't have any other options.
    -Most of it was pie-in-the-sky ideas like, "how do we create post gun violence-incident response teams to support the community;" "providing kids in rough areas with better influence and resources will lead them to good lives and not lives where they commit gun violence;" "follow the 'safe spaces' that are in firehouses for people to go and cool down instead of shooting someone;" and similar daydreaming about how to make the world a better place.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    DontTreadOnMe monitoring “Victim Services/ Community Impact”

Attachments

• FAA1DE5E-4F0E-490B-9C8C-1B0C8B5C1AEA.jpg
      FAA1DE5E-4F0E-490B-9C8C-1B0C8B5C1AEA.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 308

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    HodgePodge monitoring “ Data/County Statistics”

Attachments

• 20BB28C4-9264-44C4-BE9B-BFF2389687FD.jpg
      20BB28C4-9264-44C4-BE9B-BFF2389687FD.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 314

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    I can say that being there made a difference. Sitting at the subcommittee table definitely affected how the members interacted with one another--they knew they were being monitored and they were obviously uneasy about it. I will definitely keep going to these to "keep honest people honest."

It was satisfying to be a watchdog at this circus. If you can make the next meeting on July 18, please do so.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Not_An_Outlaw monitoring “Public Education Messaging”

Attachments

• 080B9460-2059-4FA2-A3EC-F744D7D759FC.jpg
      080B9460-2059-4FA2-A3EC-F744D7D759FC.jpg
      99.7 KB · Views: 318

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads