• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    There isn't much which beats the feeling of buying a pistol from a complete stranger in a parking lot for cash.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Yeah, up in the Hamburg PA Cabela's watching folks walk out with pistols felt insane. Spoke with one of the sales guys and he said he left MD and any sane person should too.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I retired and moved to TN last summer. My most recent purchase was a Wilson Combat-Beretta 92G Vertec Brigadier with three 15 round magazines. I didn't need an HQL (or MIL ID), didn't need to wait for 8 days to pick it up after filling out the 4473, no state forms to fill out, and didn't need to worry whether it was on anyone's handgun roster. Transfer fee was $10 + $10 NICS fee. And I don't need anyone's permission to sell it if I choose to do so to another TN resident as long I am not aware of any things that might disqualify them from owning it. TN is a shall isuue state. We have the castle doctrine, and your "castle" can be your car, motor home, hotel room, tent, or any other place one might lay their head for the night. My private gun club allows just about anything to be fired, including automatic weapons (with advance notice and an RSO qualified in automatic weapons). I am thrilled to once again be able to enjoy my full rights as a US citizen. My sympathy goes out to all my friends I left behind in the 2A penal colony.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I retired and moved to TN last summer. My most recent purchase was a Wilson Combat-Beretta 92G Vertec Brigadier with three 15 round magazines. I didn't need an HQL (or MIL ID), didn't need to wait for 8 days to pick it up after filling out the 4473, no state forms to fill out, and didn't need to worry whether it was on anyone's handgun roster. Transfer fee was $10 + $10 NICS fee. And I don't need anyone's permission to sell it if I choose to do so to another TN resident as long I am not aware of any things that might disqualify them from owning it. TN is a shall isuue state. We have the castle doctrine, and your "castle" can be your car, motor home, hotel room, tent, or any other place one might lay their head for the night. My private gun club allows just about anything to be fired, including automatic weapons (with advance notice and an RSO qualified in automatic weapons). I am thrilled to once again be able to enjoy my full rights as a US citizen. My sympathy goes out to all my friends I left behind in the 2A penal colony.

I’m not retired but I also chose to move to TN. Don’t regret it 1 bit. No place is perfect but some are more free than others.

I count this forum and the people I met through it as some of the very few things I miss in MD.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    I’m not retired but I also chose to move to TN. Don’t regret it 1 bit. No place is perfect but some are more free than others.

I count this forum and the people I met through it as some of the very few things I miss in MD.

Congrats to both of you in Tennessee. I am about a half step from retiring. My wife, and I, have been considering moving out of Maryland, too. We have been looking at places in both Tennessee and South Carolina. We both like the beach and fishing.

The decision is difficult. If we move to either place the dollar would stretch farther than continuing to retire in Maryland. However, we would be away from both our mothers and children (young adults). We would have our 2A rights again but the work involved in moving makes us cringe.

Decisions, decisions. .....

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I left and moved to TEXAS. Best move ever! There are an amazing number of refugees from Marylandistan here.

Those of you stuck there (it took me 64 yeas to escape), MAKE PLANS NOW! Do not let the MGA finance there atrocities with YOU'R hard earned retirement money. When it became apparent that my vote did not count, I voted with my feet. Make plans to do the same.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I left and moved to TEXAS. Best move ever! There are an amazing number of refugees from Marylandistan here.

Those of you stuck there (it took me 64 yeas to escape), MAKE PLANS NOW! Do not let the MGA finance there atrocities with YOU'R hard earned retirement money. When it became apparent that my vote did not count, I voted with my feet. Make plans to do the same.

What part of TEXAS did you move to ? I need a place that will have public transportation since my wife does not drive at all. I have been taking a hard look at Hendersonville, NC right on the SC boarder but will look at TN,and TX as well.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

House going on the market the day the wife retires (about six years). Probably headed to DE or FL, but either way it's a hell of an improvement.

Love Texas but too far for us. Have a daughter in Oklahoma and I love it out there. Nice to be free temporarily when traveling away from the "free state"

Feb 28, 2013
    House going on the market the day the wife retires (about six years). Probably headed to DE or FL, but either way it's a hell of an improvement.

Love Texas but too far for us. Have a daughter in Oklahoma and I love it out there. Nice to be free temporarily when traveling away from the "free state"

OK’d be nice if’n it weren’t for them tornaders. :eek:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What part of TEXAS did you move to ? I need a place that will have public transportation since my wife does not drive at all. I have been taking a hard look at Hendersonville, NC right on the SC boarder but will look at TN,and TX as well.

From information from a friend of mine, stay away from the Hendersonville area, unless you like to live in the middle of a heroin haven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom