• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Are you in the part that has had two murders recently? The East side of the hood, Montgomery Village, has turned into a less than desirable location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness, it was one incident.

Quixdraw

Feb 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    If you dont mind me asking where in DE is the property you are going to close on?

I don't mind at all. We're looking in the Rehoboth area, though technically it has a Lewes zip code. Lots of new houses/neighborhoods being built, many with activities located right in the community. I'm beginning to like the bayside better than ocean side. There is a gun range that appears to be 20 - 30 minutes away but haven't checked it out yet.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't mind at all. We're looking in the Rehoboth area, though technically it has a Lewes zip code. Lots of new houses/neighborhoods being built, many with activities located right in the community. I'm beginning to like the bayside better than ocean side. There is a gun range that appears to be 20 - 30 minutes away but haven't checked it out yet.

I agree with you bayside is looking better. Their is the Long Neck area right off Rt 24 i think with a few good deals. Only problem is my wife needs to be in town to catch the bus since she does not drive. We have looked at putting in a prefab in the trailer park that is behind the Palms Condo across the street from Giant.Their is also that place like Leisure world right down the street from the Cap Henlopin High School right off Rt 9 as well. Called the Cadberry If i recall as well. Also I want to find out where natural gas line has been run so far down Rt 1. It would be better the having to buy propane or use electric heat pumps with electric backup as well.Their are some nice homes also in the forgotten mile in Rehoboth beach area as well that we have been looking at but also I like bayside better. The number 5 bus does run down Rt 24 to Rt 113 and into Georgetown that way as well. Remember in DE you might want to check out their gun laws about what you can have and what you can not own as well.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    We currently live between Laytonsville and Olney.

We spend more time in Olney because that's were our children attend school.

I'm almost a lifer in Mo Co. Born in DC moved here in the 1960s when I was very young. Attended Harmony Hills Elementary; Belt Jr High. Graduated from Wheaton HS in the late 1970s.

Wife is a Northwood graduate. We fondly remember Pops Pizza, Trolly Car, Original Jerrys and Wheaton Plaza before it was an enclosed mall. We also recall the days when kids who attended Gaithersburg High School were considered "farm boys". Anyone remember all the drag racing over the Conn Ave bridge just south of Aspen Hill?

Bought my first rifle from Randy @ Atlantic guns in the late 1970s. Cost me $88 and the standard model still had a real walnut stock. I last saw Randy a couple of years ago at Engage Armament. He's a factory rep now for some firearms company. He's still in the gun business after all these years.

We currently live between Laytonsville and Olney.

We spend more time in Olney because that's were our children attend school.

I'm almost a lifer in Mo Co. Born in DC moved here in the 1960s when I was very young. Attended Harmony Hills Elementary; Belt Jr High. Graduated from Wheaton HS in the late 1970s.

Wife is a Northwood graduate. We fondly remember Pops Pizza, Trolly Car, Original Jerrys and Wheaton Plaza before it was an enclosed mall. We also recall the days when kids who attended Gaithersburg High School were considered "farm boys". Anyone remember all the drag racing over the Conn Ave bridge just south of Aspen Hill?

Bought my first rifle from Randy @ Atlantic guns in the late 1970s. Cost me $88 and the standard model still had a real walnut stock. I last saw Randy a couple of years ago at Engage Armament. He's a factory rep now for some firearms company. He's still in the gun business after all these years.

My grandfather has told me in the past of the drag races on Burtonsville, and at one point there was a spray painted finish line

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom