• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I had a good haul of accessories this show.

Unused PASGT helmet for $20. The seller had been issued it for Desert Storm, but wore his steel pot instead.

Four unissued East German AK-74 mags for $100

$40 MP5 mag couplers and $45 for an LEO marked mag

yjM8mtbl.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did anyone notice if the 5.45x39 AK-74 drums were being sold there? That is my one big want in terms of mags at the moment.

I wound up skipping it. My primary need was 9mm, and Brownells was selling real-deal cans of M882 for $200/1000 shipped, which is < 20cpr. Couldn't justify spending the money to go to Dulles after that.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    looks like it back again next week end. so i dont have to read threw 25 or more pages Isn't their issues with parking? SIL will be in town and he and I want to go never been to this one before

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    looks like it back again next week end. so i dont have to read threw 25 or more pages Isn't their issues with parking? SIL will be in town and he and I want to go never been to this one before

Parking is easy if you get there early, like maybe 30 minutes before the show opens. Get there after it opens and the lot will be pretty crowded. There are always spots, but sometimes they're a bit of a hike.

Traffic on Friday will be horrendous. Not so bad on the weekend.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

Unused PASGT helmet for $20. The seller had been issued it for Desert Storm, but wore his steel pot instead.

yjM8mtbl.jpg

excellent price for some east german bakes. how was the selection of ak74 mags? what else was there and how were the prices? considering heading to the show mostly to snag up some more.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

yjM8mtbl.jpg

Schweet haul!! This is why I don't go to maryland shows anymore. Much of what is pictured is illegal to buy and sell in marylandistan.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    excellent price for some east german bakes. how was the selection of ak74 mags? what else was there and how were the prices? considering heading to the show mostly to snag up some more.

I actually didn't get those from a vendor. I saw someone walking around selling an AK-74, asked if he had any mags for sale, and made an offer on them. A number of vendors had surplus mags, but they weren't cheap. You can do much better online in Facebook groups or forums. One of my friends from MD paid $40 each for some beat up East German mags at the show, so I let him have these four at cost.

Schweet haul!! This is why I don't go to maryland shows anymore. Much of what is pictured is illegal to buy and sell in marylandistan.

Those couplers were for sale at the prior show at $150 each before they marked them down to $50 that show. I sold them for enough so that I've basically got the LEO mag for free, haha.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    When I went in June not all of the vendors were there. On the light side. I went on Friday light crowd. I think it might be on the light side this time also. Still a good show. $16 to get in is way too high. I'll say part of the reason crowd was light.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    When I went in June not all of the vendors were there. On the light side. I went on Friday light crowd. I think it might be on the light side this time also. Still a good show. $16 to get in is way too high. I'll say part of the reason crowd was light.

I have to agree. Instead of going as often as I could, I'll just go once or twice a year from now on.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    as mentioned earlier never been to this show . Can i find millsurp parts their or is it more of a new stuff and ammo type show

If you never been it’s worth going to just for the shock and awe! That being said most of the millsurp stuff will be from collectors trying to get top dollar for it. You might get lucky and find someone that just wants to get rid of it.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    If you never been it’s worth going to just for the shock and awe! That being said most of the millsurp stuff will be from collectors trying to get top dollar for it. You might get lucky and find someone that just wants to get rid of it.

only thing i would really like to find is a proper colored sks hand guard K31 embloc's,Carcano model 41 stock,arisaka type 39 stock.But first item is my current project Thank you

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    only thing i would really like to find is a proper colored sks hand guard K31 embloc's,Carcano model 41 stock,arisaka type 39 stock.But first item is my current project Thank you

I think you would be disappointed then. But who knows, you might get lucky! In the main room, there always seem to a couple dealers over on the right side isle’s with some older stuff but I can’t say for sure that they will be there or have what your looking for. SKS stuff is getting harder to find and this show being in Virginia, you see more AK stuff. Most of the stocks that I remember seeing were for M1 Garands and carbines.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I think you would be disappointed then. But who knows, you might get lucky! In the main room, there always seem to a couple dealers over on the right side isle’s with some older stuff but I can’t say for sure that they will be there or have what your looking for. SKS stuff is getting harder to find and this show being in Virginia, you see more AK stuff. Most of the stocks that I remember seeing were for M1 Garands and carbines.
    Thank you, SIL will be in town thought we would go and check it out normally i go to the Fredericksburg Va show

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Thank you, SIL will be in town thought we would go and check it out normally i go to the Fredericksburg Va show

The size of the show is what gets me! I can walk for 2-3 hours and not see everything. It’s always hard to remember where did I see this and that after walking away to see if I can find it cheaper! They have two rooms that can hold up to 1300 tables total, or at least that’s what they advertise! I never been to the Fredericksburg show so I can’t compare the two.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The size of the show is what gets me! I can walk for 2-3 hours and not see everything. It’s always hard to remember where did I see this and that after walking away to see if I can find it cheaper! They have two rooms that can hold up to 1300 tables total, or at least that’s what they advertise! I never been to the Fredericksburg show so I can’t compare the two.
    a lot smaller but a 2 hour show new and old more new and reloading

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom