• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hap_hazzard

Dec 30, 2015
    Thanks Gizmo. I will take a deeper dive in the threads and watch the videos.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Any insight or advice on how to fill out the g&s section for a side business? Any wording you'd include to pray for an unrestricted permit? Or are you pretty much stuck with having to jump through the review board hoops?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Any insight or advice on how to fill out the g&s section for a side business?

The strategy there is going to revolve around the nature of the side business, the manner and frequency of your banking habits, the sort of exposure that conducting your business gives to ne'er-do-wells and risk to life and limb. So if you can throw us a bone in that area, you'll get far more constructive feedback. Meaning: a side business attending flea markets once a quarter is very different than a side business hauling around expensive tools and doing work for cash every weekend ... you get the idea.

Any wording you'd include to pray for an unrestricted permit? Or are you pretty much stuck with having to jump through the review board hoops?

Especially since you're right out of the gate with this not being your primary source of income, just bag that part right away. They don't give those out to anybody (with very few exceptions, and those have FAR more compelling stories), so just prepare yourself for the restrictions as expected, and get in line for a hearing/review. You'll have plenty of time to think through your prep for your second round.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    The strategy there is going to revolve around the nature of the side business, the manner and frequency of your banking habits, the sort of exposure that conducting your business gives to ne'er-do-wells and risk to life and limb. So if you can throw us a bone in that area, you'll get far more constructive feedback. Meaning: a side business attending flea markets once a quarter is very different than a side business hauling around expensive tools and doing work for cash every weekend ... you get the idea.

Especially since you're right out of the gate with this not being your primary source of income, just bag that part right away. They don't give those out to anybody (with very few exceptions, and those have FAR more compelling stories), so just prepare yourself for the restrictions as expected, and get in line for a hearing/review. You'll have plenty of time to think through your prep for your second round.

I do internet marketing/web design/etc. Meetings are at a wide variety of times and not always during "normal" business hours. I also manage social media accounts, so I also at times am at late night events etc. Payments are often check, but sometimes cash. It is not uncommon to leave my regular job and go to a meeting/event. Or at times even return back to my regular position.

I figured as much on the restrictions portion. Thanks

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I do internet marketing/web design/etc. Meetings are at a wide variety of times and not always during "normal" business hours. I also manage social media accounts, so I also at times am at late night events etc. Payments are often check, but sometimes cash. It is not uncommon to leave my regular job and go to a meeting/event. Or at times even return back to my regular position.

I figured as much on the restrictions portion. Thanks

Your restriction will read something like "while doing business as JDoug Super Web Design, Inc.". Based on what you describe, it will be hard to anyone to prove you're not doing business since you could be going to a client meeting at any time. This is exactly why restrictions are so stupid. You have to prove you're within your restrictions, but they don't define "doing business" anywhere. How is a rank-and-file cop supposed to know if you're legit at 10 pm?

I strongly recommend you watch this...

and this, which I believe is an earlier hearing at the same meeting...

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The purpose of restrictions is not to help the application or the LEO understand when one can “lawfully” carry under the current scheme.

The purpose is to create some much ambiguity and threat of arrest that one is afraid to exercise their right to self defense.

To that end, Gov. Hogan’s restrictions are very effective.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The purpose of restrictions is not to help the application or the LEO understand when one can “lawfully” carry under the current scheme.

The purpose is to create some much ambiguity and threat of arrest that one is afraid to exercise their right to self defense.

To that end, Gov. Hogan’s restrictions are very effective.

One has to wonder why he refuses to address this as it would go mostly unnoticed.

fchan

Dec 14, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    Just look up CJIS Approved Livescan Facilities, in MD, on the Web.
    There is a LiveScan Facility in Ellicott City, MD (near the "old" courthouse):
    FYI Fingerprints
    3696 Park Avenure
    Ellicott City, MD 21043

Phone: (410) 4184657

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Prepare to talk about any drugs you may have used, violent altercations you've been in, why you need a permit (they'll say, "besides your 2A right"), any mental health treatment you may have had, what handgun you'll carry, and other general things about your personal life.

What sort of mental health thing is? I mean if you've seen someone for marriage counseling or you were prescribed Adderall to concentrate? Or like, stays at mental institutions, etc.

vc1911

Jan 17, 2010
    OC
    Hey guys -

Received my renewal today - about 40 days from submitting the renewal app. Interestingly enough, the new permit expires in 2020 instead of 3 years out as renewals are supposed to.

Looks like i need to contact the LD folks and see what happened.

Everything else was straightforward.
    I just read back through the last 10 pages
    Who else had renewed a W&C lately? Do I need deposits slips and another letter from the boss? Pics again?
    Mdsp website says I don't need new fingerprints.. they don't really specify for renewals

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    How many documents are required to establish you as a business owner to show good and substantial reasoning.. I think I have a unique case that may make it hard for me to prove certain aspects they may want.

I have a business that deals in cash, lots of cash. my business is a bar/strip club which requires me to do frequent bank runs to do denomination changes normally 10k worth of big bills for small bills twice a week, sometimes more.. the catch is I lease the space, and the people I lease from hold all of the licensing(traders, liquor, adult entertainment, etc) because it is attached to the building. I do have llc, federal ein, bank account showing cash deposits, and proof from said bank account that i pay all fees associated with business including sales tax and liquor invoices and supplies. lets just say for privacy sake my llc is "smith llc" but all licenses is in "smith inc." my bank deposits show anywhere from 10 -20k cash deposits a month. Wont have a schedule c to show because the business was just started this year. My accountant has his wear and carry and seems to think it shouldnt be an issue to do under just the llc. but I'm not sure,

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I expect you’re fine with the LLC, and a fistful off deposit receipts, along with perhaps a letter from your bank showing you’ve been busy since date X. Remember that part of the process is conversations with your references. They’ll know if you seem like you’re trying to pull a fast one. You’re obviously not.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    I expect you’re fine with the LLC, and a fistful off deposit receipts, along with perhaps a letter from your bank showing you’ve been busy since date X. Remember that part of the process is conversations with your references. They’ll know if you seem like you’re trying to pull a fast one. You’re obviously not.

Yeah definitely not. My bank statements show that I pay sales tax to the state every month, and also all liquor invoices etc with my signatures on them as well as checks written for them. it's just that my llc doesnt hold the license, but come bundled with the lease. I guess thats when my accountant being one of my reference's will also come in handy

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Just got my renewal back 2 weeks ago. The turn around was about a month. Didn’t send anything in other than the app and none of my references were contacted.

Best of all, the restrictions were substantially less onerous.

Anyone who thinks things will be the same under a Democratic administration is delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    What is the Trade Name of your business as filed with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) according to COMAR
    18.04.02.01?

What is the Trade Name or Fictitious Name the applicant and/or employees intend to use as filed with SDAT to meet the requirements of
    Business Occupations and Professions, Article 13, Section 305?
    What

is a trade name necessary for these questions? or can I simply use the name of my llc? I'd hate to have to go file for a trade name if it's not necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom