• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Effective tomorrow PA will no longer recognize ANY VA permit.

VA resident permit holders will need to obtain a PA NR permit to CCW in PA.

PA no longer recognizes any NR permits.

OC in PA is still legal (except in Philadelphia)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    while I am on the fence on open carry . Might be a good idea to open carry in PA show this @ss that people will still carry. If enough snowflakes get their panties in a twist he might have to revise this

I used to open carry around New Freedom and Shrewsbury but haven't in a while. Never had any issues but now there is some opioid emergency and some debate whether or not open carry is permitted during the declaration. If the opioid emergency declaration is not extended/renewed it should expire sometime in July.

IANAL

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Instead of starting another thread, I figured I would post my question here.

It turns out I'm having to travel to PA quite a bit for work. As a VA resident with a resident permit, I can no longer conceal carry in PA. I wanted to ask about getting a PA NR permit.
    I drive to Gettysburg a lot. Can I just print out the application and drop it off when I'm there? Do I need to show any certificates of training or anything else other than my current Va permit? Also, I've heard that some counties will approve while others won't. Anyone familiar with Adams County, PA? Thanks in advance.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Adams county is great. Just mail the app and pick up when they call you. They will make a copy of your Va permit. No training required.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Can a non-resident of PA get a non-resident permit without having any other permits? In other words, is a PA non-res available as a standalone option?

Thanks.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Can a non-resident of PA get a non-resident permit without having any other permits? In other words, is a PA non-res available as a standalone option?

Thanks.

Negative. Must have a home state permit before getting theirs.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Still good in these states.

Attachments

• NH.JPG
      NH.JPG
      95 KB · Views: 603

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Negative. Must have a home state permit before getting theirs.

So, the only people who get to exercise their rights in PA are those who can already exercise their rights at home. Great.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Funny, I don't see anything there that says that right depends on which state we live in!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    VCDL is working on legislation to have VSP use a NICS check for VA resident permits that hopefully would make PA start recognizing VA again

PA's reason for dropping VA was that VSP uses a VA database instead of NICS for background checks. They do use NICS for non resident permits. PA no longer recognizes any NR permits however.

This is from yesterday's VCDL update:

3. Pennsylvania dropping reciprocity with Virginia

VCDL has consulted the Virginia State Police on technical questions in an effort to find a solution to restoring reciprocal rights between Virginia and Pennsylvania.

I will be talking to legislators about putting in a bill in the 2019 General Assembly session that that will add a NICS check requirement for CHPs.

Hopefully that will fix reciprocity concerns with Pennsylvania. If successfully passed into law and Pennsylvania is satisfied with the final law, we will likely have reciprocity restored around July of 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom