• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    How do you fellow MoCo people feel like a meetup sometime this month? It has been quite some time since we gathered at Miller's Ale House so it would be nice to see old faces and some new ones as well. Friday nights are pretty hairy in there so maybe an off day like Wednesday or Thursday around 7PM? If I get enough interest I can go ahead and reserve a spot there on a day that works for most.

Depending on my work schedule I would be up for that

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep, ands some of their raw bar stuff wasn't bad either. Too bad they let people get so drunk they go out and run over cops, losing their liquor license.

But they managed to card old guys like me.

That worked well

Scorpion777

Marine Veteran
    Dec 1, 2017
    any ideas on the next meet up for this group? I'll officially be living in the area on the 11th and want to say hey.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have clients with business cards, addresses in "North Bethesda", with older cards reading Rockville. The same goes for North Potomac, which use to be Darnestown. In Aspen Hill some parts are Rockville, other Silver Spring. We moved when I was 15 to a "Silver Spring" address. It was like being on the wrong side of the tracks.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    North Bethesda just outside of 495.

You mean Rockville? :) Welcome aboard!

South Gaithersburg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My home address does say Bethesda. It's inside the triangle formed by 270 and 495, technically north of Bethesda and south of Rockville.

FWIW
    Your house address is based on the US Post Office serving your zip code. Mine is Silver Spring but the house is not within the Silver Spring political boundaries. Maryland is chocked full of littel fiefdoms. Look at a map close-in and you will see the place named areas listed on it. You may actually be in Lone Oak or Wyngate or Alta Vista Terrace or something.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    FWIW
    Your house address is based on the US Post Office serving your zip code. Mine is Silver Spring but the house is not within the Silver Spring political boundaries. Maryland is chocked full of littel fiefdoms. Look at a map close-in and you will see the place named areas listed on it. You may actually be in Lone Oak or Wyngate or Alta Vista Terrace or something.

Yep. We live in "Clarksburg" (which USPS-wise extends into Frederick County) but are physically separated from Clarksburg by quite a bit. Closest I can tell is that we're in the Hickory Hill Subdivision between Hyattstown and Historic Lewisdale (not to be confused with Lewisdale in PG county). Property tax search says "Hickory Hill"

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    FWIW

That is all Bethesda ?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    FWIW

Yep. Silver Spring mailing addresses run way up New Hampshire Avenue almost to Ashton / Sandy Spring at Rt.108.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom