• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Then, if you please, explain the origin of the "29" rule".

Last I checked, we weren't talking about center fire firearms.

The rest is semantics.

My point was, there is no such thing as a "copy cat" of an enumerated firearms.

There are enumerated firearms, or copies or imitations of enumerated firearms.

"Copy cat" firearms are those that are not one of the above, but are banned based on features, which includes being less than 29" OAL, or having two of the "evil features."

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My point was, there is no such thing as a "copy cat" of an enumerated firearms.

There are enumerated firearms, or copies or imitations of enumerated firearms.

"Copy cat" firearms are those that are not one of the above, but are banned based on features, which includes being less than 29" OAL, or having two of the "evil features."

:thumbsup:

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    wow, this is getting more confusing...

here's a related follow up question. since a CCW permit is not possible for normal people to obtain in MD can you carry an SBR in a backpack? the rules for pistols are clear and extremely limited in that you can't even carry them in your car unless you are going directly to the range or other approved location....but what about a rifle? are there similar restrictions on carrying them?

would it be illegal to have an SBR in my backback? or in my car? when I'm not en-route to the range?

basically is there any way for a normal person who's not prohibited (but also not on the special list who can get a CCW) from carrying protection in a backpack or in their car?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

here's a related follow up question. since a CCW permit is not possible for normal people to obtain in MD can you carry an SBR in a backpack? the rules for pistols are clear and extremely limited in that you can't even carry them in your car unless you are going directly to the range or other approved location....but what about a rifle? are there similar restrictions on carrying them?

would it be illegal to have an SBR in my backback? or in my car? when I'm not en-route to the range?

No

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

basically is there any way for a normal person who's not prohibited (but also not on the special list who can get a CCW) from carrying protection in a backpack or in their car?

No. In MD SBR’s are considered handguns as far as transport rules. Same rules as handguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    by the way I've been looking up the zoning for anne arundel county and here's what I've found...wondering if my "R2" zoning would permit an FFL license based on the permitted home occupation business descriptions listed below...

==============================================================

R2 Residential
    Home occupations
    C = conditional use

Anne Arundel County

Code of Ordinances

Article 18. Zoning

Title 10. Requirements For Conditional Uses

§ 18-10-119. Home occupations.

Latest version.
    • A home occupation shall comply with all of the following requirements.
    (1) A home occupation shall be located and conducted entirely in a principal dwelling unit and shall be incidental and secondary to the use of the structure as a dwelling.
    (2) A home occupation may not change the character of the dwelling unit and may not exceed 25% of the total floor area.
    (3) Home occupations are limited to the following:
    (i) art, handcraft, woodworking, or ceramics studios for the sale of products made on the premises;
    (x) repair and maintenance of firearms, including handguns, rifles, shotguns, and antique firearms, as those terms are defined in the Criminal Law Article, § 4-201, of the State Code;
    (xii) direct sale product distribution, such as Amway, Tupperware, and Avon;
    (4) The operator of a home occupation shall be a resident of the dwelling unit in which the occupation is located.
    (5) No more than one nonresident may be employed in the home occupation.
    (6) The sale or rental of goods or products other than those produced on the premises by the home occupation is prohibited.
    (7) Outside storage is prohibited.
    (Bill No. 4-05; Bill No. 78-05)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom