• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    2 of the troopers who pulled over cars that I saw on the way back home on Rt50 sunday afternoon were NOT wearing masks.

Other boats on the water while I was out there but no less and no more IMO than this time last year for the weather. Saturday early evening, there were very few boats on the water but it was getting cooler.

Sorry to hear about that. I know that they have been upgrading signage over the years there. It may be time for a light.

My understanding is someone ran the red light.

May have been better off without the light, which provided a false sense of security in this case.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My understanding is someone ran the red light.

May have been better off without the light, which provided a false sense of security in this case.

There is a light there now?
    I guess I"m in a zone when I pass up the rumble strips. did not notice it last week. I used to hunt the Chesapeake forest lands and would turn where that yellow sign was "Look again" or something like that.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is a light there now?
    I guess I"m in a zone when I pass up the rumble strips. did not notice it last week. I used to hunt the Chesapeake forest lands and would turn where that yellow sign was "Look again" or something like that.

Not sure, but that is what the Asian girl on WBOC said.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not sure, but that is what the Asian girl on WBOC said.

google maps says yes.

So, talked to some friends who got carry out drinks in OC then sat at an outdoor table after wiping it down.
    I know they can't SERVE you at an outdoor table but I don't know of any "Exec order" saying you have to remove any outdoor tables?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, I saw head boats on the water this week. All of them were definitely NOT at full capacity, Probably half if not less. I'd say at least half the people on the several I saw had masks.
    I came home early this morning from Ocean Pines but my wife drove home leaving about 6PM Monday night and had very little traffic so I"m sure the town was devastated this weekend with lack of income.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So, I saw head boats on the water this week. All of them were definitely NOT at full capacity, Probably half if not less. I'd say at least half the people on the several I saw had masks.
    I came home early this morning from Ocean Pines but my wife drove home leaving about 6PM Monday night and had very little traffic so I"m sure the town was devastated this weekend with lack of income.

****Yea. One of my neighbors said the same thing. The issue at this point seems to be mostly fear brought on by the MSM. A lot of people are scared to death of going out. Hopefully, as people see that there are no dead bodies floating in the water, or dead in the streets from Covid, they go and take advantage of some of the really nice things to do in that area. There are plenty of people in this area with money to spend, but are still hesitant.

Thankfully, states like Georgia and Florida have opened up a great deal, and there isn't a huge spike in Covid related sickness or deaths as the MSM has been warning about. Most of our Covid related problems in this state are in MoCo, and PG County. The rest of the state can open up a lot more I bet, and help get our economy rolling again.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, I have been tracking on my own the infections per county pulled from the Maryland.gov website back since mid April
    The infection rate in Worcester county (confirmed test positive per capita) is currently 0.47%. Some other counties are PG 1.8% Montomery 1.23%, Howard 0.67%
    The increasing rate of positive tests in the county is pretty flat at 3-5/day since May 22nd. Infection rate back before that was up and down ranging from 1 to 10 I assume as the testing was not very consistent in availability.

My point here is that with the increase in activity of people outside of the county coming in as well as more local activity going on, there as not been a significant spike in positive tests even though testing should be more available.
    I will admit some other factors can come into play
    Are visitors infecting vistors, and coming back to the rest of the state?
    The majority of those locals interacting with visitors are younger and may be asymptomatic and may not think they need testing.

When I have been on the water, I'm still seeing people on head boats with masks, Some of the DNR guys are wearing masks when 2+ crew on board, some are not.

"Oh, what is the deal with De Lazy Lizard"? They are mostly outdoor dining and I have yet to see them serving people when I pass by?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Attachments

• 7DA75D47-E1B2-4CDC-95A4-38BFBBB9DEDE.jpeg
      7DA75D47-E1B2-4CDC-95A4-38BFBBB9DEDE.jpeg
      56.7 KB · Views: 285

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OC boardwalk is no place to be later at night, especially after midnight.
    I've been there plenty of times in the early evening but I'm usually gone by 10.
    Senior week and with all the protest atmosphere has emboldened a certain "element" lately. This is not just OC.

People were on the radio this morning beating the Mayor up about this.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Just remember those in the video aren't locals. That's the Western Shore trash in OC for senior week. I hope your kids survive their schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom