• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

It's not listed under the C&R header when you look through the catalog though. Regardless, it's gone on for too many days for it to be a mistake but Classic not address it.

I'm tempted to email the FTB and ask if it is indeed C&R just to get clarification.

Edit: Screw it, just emailed FTB to ask without pointing any fingers. I'll let you know what they say.

Edit#2: The FTB guys aren't being super helpful, but their answer was, if it's not in the 2018 determination book (latest update) and it's less than 50 years old, then it's not eligible and Classic has mislabeled something.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Strange as it isnt listed under the C&R Eligible but does under Handguns . Someone asked about it and they answered. Think we can screenshot it and order em and tell the ATF here is our proof !!!!

I thought maybe they (or someone) got some museum to submit them to the ATF and they got the letter to qualify them as C&R but it won't be in the C&R publication until they come out with the next one (whenever that is). Post war P1s I think maybe were in that category. They were for sale for C&R a year or two before they showed up in the C&R publication... though I could be mixing them up with P64s or some other surplus (or be totally wrong... my GF reminds me that can happen occasionally)

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I thought maybe they (or someone) got some museum to submit them to the ATF and they got the letter to qualify them as C&R but it won't be in the C&R publication until they come out with the next one (whenever that is). Post war P1s I think maybe were in that category. They were for sale for C&R a year or two before they showed up in the C&R publication... though I could be mixing them up with P64s or some other surplus (or be totally wrong... my GF reminds me that can happen occasionally)

So which of you gents is going to roll the dice and let us know how it goes. :D

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Isnt it just possible that they got the approval for C&R status before/during/after the import process and just has not been put in the book yet? We all know that book rarely gets updated. They sell guns for a living, i am hard pressed to remotely think they would sell a gun they say is C&R to a C&R holder and it wasn't. Why jeopardize their FFL01? Im just not buying it. If I was in the market for this, i would grab with with my C&R with no concerns.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Does BAFTE send a letter or documentation to the originator of the C$R request? If so, I would think posting it would go a long way in alleviating any concerns about these.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    What obligation do they have to do that? Its very possible the letter could be digitally altered for other firearms if posted online. When a major vendor says a newly imported type of firearm is C&R and are willing to sell it as such, i tend to believe them. my .02

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What obligation do they have to do that? Its very possible the letter could be digitally altered for other firearms if posted online. When a major vendor says a newly imported type of firearm is C&R and are willing to sell it as such, i tend to believe them. my .02

None so far as I am aware. Just like firearm brace makers or 80% makers have no obligation to publish ATF letters signing off on their product.

But it’s still a good idea. Manufacturers publish ATF letters all the time to prove their thing is okay.

You purchasing something that isn’t C&R on your license puts you at risk if the item is not in fact C&R. Now I doubt ATF will haul you away even if they found out. The item is being misrepresented by the seller. The bigger risk is that they are not C&R and Classic/ATF sends out a mandatory recall and/or requiring it to be transferred to an FFL-01 and then back to you or some similar craziness.

All I am getting at is some statement by them would be nice beyond just listing it at C&R. One or two sentences of “we submitted this to the ATF for classification as a curio because of its interesting history and they recently approved it. So we are selling these as C&R, get your license out folks!”

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Latest Classic email doesn’t show it as C&R and clicking the link the site doesn’t show it as C&R guess they got it right

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• 3FEA341A-C3E4-4D46-B2BA-5440B0418AA8.jpg
      3FEA341A-C3E4-4D46-B2BA-5440B0418AA8.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 686

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads