• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • You nailed it. For target shooting, Victory or MKIV. For plinking w/ the same form factor as your 9mm plastic guns the SR22 is sweet. All can be had w/ threaded barrels and all are very simple to clean for those of us that can't put away a dirty gun even after only 1 round down the tube. :-)

In general; I'd like the 0.22 to do 2 things: Allow me to practice marksmanship techniques that (should) transfer to the 9mm (will still shoot the 9) on a less $$ ammo budget. Not sure if it needs to be the same form factor as the 9mm or if another model will suffice.
    Easy to disassemble and clean IS important to me; although I generally throw a few hundred through between cleanings :D

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    In general; I'd like the 0.22 to do 2 things: Allow me to practice marksmanship techniques that (should) transfer to the 9mm (will still shoot the 9) on a less $$ ammo budget. Not sure if it needs to be the same form factor as the 9mm or if another model will suffice.
    Easy to disassemble and clean IS important to me; although I generally throw a few hundred through between cleanings:D

If that's the case, the Ruger Mk IV, is much more suitable. The Mk I through III pistols are very good and are easy to take apart, but can be tricky to reassemble. For the latest generation, Ruger has redesigned the pistol to be very easy to take down for cleaning and then reassembly is a snap.

JoeR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom