• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James200319

Mar 3, 2016
    Never been to The Machine Gun Nest... I have only been to Hendershots, Heritage, and of course my local IWLA where I am a member.

Sell me on what they have there :)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Never been to The Machine Gun Nest... I have only been to Hendershots, Heritage, and of course my local IWLA where I am a member.

NFA. Nuff said.

For the HK fanboy, they have an HK MP5 PDW.

They have Thompson SMG.

They have AK, M4, etc.....................................

Pay by the hour, I think it is like 18 bucks and you can buy your targets there or bring your own.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I love TMGN. My wife got me some range time there for xmas and it has been a ton of fun. It is a really nice range but it's only 25 yards. No need to mess around with cease-fires to change targets since everything is on a carrier. Just push a button and your target goes out/comes back. Just don't shoot the carrier or it's a $100 fine.

Next time I am there I may break down and rent the MP5.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

Geez, you're in Hagerstown and you've been to Heritage but not TMGN? Don't be shy, TMGN IS right off I-70. Just pop in and have a look at what they have. It's a friendly place.

They have too many handguns to list, from DE AE .50 to Canik 9mm and suppressed .22s. There are a variety of long guns, including a Garrand and a FAL, and shotguns. Machine guns include MP5, AK, Krinkov, SCAR 16, SCAR 17, Uzi, FN P90, RPD, M1919, Thompson, Sten, M4, there are probably others I'm forgetting.

James200319

Mar 3, 2016
    I'm definitely not shy. I was at Heritage due to getting my HQL and Utah there. Usually when I went, it would be from work and that was across 340 (I work in WVa).

Might need to check it out soon. I'm shooting IDPA Sunday at Frederick IWLA... and I do NEED practice before then... hmm...

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Sadly, P90 and Thompson is down. P90 has a cracked stock and the seer sticks open (hot) on the Thompson.

I had a great time there Sunday, father's day. Met a couple of great people, for which one of them let me try out his AR and .45. I couldn't believe how different and better the trigger pull is on 1911's. Now I have to get me one.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Plus, they have reasonable transfer fees:

Members: $30 Handgun / $20 Long Guns
    Non-Members: $60 Handguns / $45 Long Guns
    Class 3 Transfers are $60.00

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Wow, I had no idea. Member prices are the lowest I've seen.
    Yep, I haven't used them yet for transfers, but those are the fees that Nicole told me. She also gave me some good prices on suppressors, but their distributers are out of stock due to 41F.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Matt, one of the owners, is a great guy that I have known since we were mere children. He's straight forward and honest and really loves this stuff. I haven't been to the range since it was operational, but I know that the concept of the range was to be fun and to offer things not at other ranges. Like class 3 toys. If you're looking for the mandatory 3 second delay between shots then it is not the range for you. The owners made sure to make the range fun and safe and with the most modern equipment possible. Great location right off of I-70.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I joined as a member this morning and played with one of my AR pistols and my Ruger 22/45. Going to make a point to hit the range on Sunday mornings during the member only time!

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    In my limited experience TMGN is the nicest and newest range within a reasonable drive of MoCo. Very friendly staff.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Great place. My husband rented the Thompson for me for my birthday and we shot our new 1911s.

Very nice people, nice range.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Went there today and it was nice. Staff was nice and the selection of rental pistols was small but varied with some really high end models you can't find anywhere. There is a distinct difference between MGN and HTC in the atmosphere. HTC feels like I'm at the FBI or CIA. Where as MGN is like your at your neighbor's house or buddies place. HTC is more my taste but MGN was good too. If you don't own your own firearm then the price you pay at both places is almost identical. One charges more per hour but the other charges more for the ammunition, targets, rental etc... I'll frequent both. Hopefully there is enough business in the area to support both establishments.

Once HTC comes out with their membership in Aug. I'm going to evaluate and then join one of them. Nice to have choices.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Went there today and it was nice. Staff was nice and the selection of rental pistols was small but varied with some really high end models you can't find anywhere. There is a distinct difference between MGN and HTC in the atmosphere. HTC feels like I'm at the FBI or CIA. Where as MGN is like your at your neighbor's house or buddies place. HTC is more my taste but MGN was good too. If you don't own your own firearm then the price you pay at both places is almost identical. One charges more per hour but the other charges more for the ammunition, targets, rental etc... I'll frequent both. Hopefully there is enough business in the area to support both establishments.

Once HTC comes out with their membership in Aug. I'm going to evaluate and then join one of them. Nice to have choices.

TMGN is a good place, run by good people, with a lot of firearms experience. Richard from the former Glade Valley Sporting Goods on N. Market, works at TMGN.

I like the vibe of TMGN, more than I like the country club or sterile atmosphere of other indoor ranges that try to cater to a much more upscale clientele. Still need to check out HTC, but chances are likely that I will keep going to TMGN, due to the proximity to where I usually spend most of my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom