• pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So it is approved for sale in MD now?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Rental was $24 for the session of 50 with 10% discount. Any additional ammo was $17 per box required rental ammo. I am not sure what you are saying?

I am saying that many small carry type pistols are NOT comfortable to shoot, and that you shot 50 rounds is a good thing.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    I am saying that many small carry type pistols are NOT comfortable to shoot, and that you shot 50 rounds is a good thing.

Yes- most definitely fun to shoot. I bought one since and visited it at their indoor range. I was able to put a decent amount through it with no issues (200ish mixed lot). I hope no issues arise but if it needs a trip back to SIG it can be out of the way while its sitting in limbo.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    This gives me a sad :(

Yes, MAC appears to hate Sig in general but this video is just utterly bad.

Could be a one off but MAC states he has seen and heard of the problem being widespread. Not good if true.

I'm still going to get it but I'm going to wait to see what the response from Sig is.

Last edited:

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    That’s $600 I just saved. Hopefully S&W, Glock, and Springfield can figure out how to make a magazine like that for their “single-stacks” soon.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    That’s $600 I just saved. Hopefully S&W, Glock, and Springfield can figure out how to make a magazine like that for their “single-stacks” soon.
    I think SIG has a patent on the mag design.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It used to be inconceivable for either Sig or any other gun manufacturer to release a product for sale that was fraught with a litany of issues from the get go. Now, it seems like they'd rather just go for it and deal with the fallout from their customers.

How many years did S&W build revolvers with canted/crooked barrels (among other problems) because it was more important for them to cut production costs than to build things right? I'm not sure. I just know that I won't buy a (new) S&W revolver until I can see how the barrel lines-up with the frame.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I really wanted to get sig 365 but i might have to wait....

I think that's the wisest move. Sig-Sauer will eventually get the bugs worked-out but why subject yourself to this kind of BS? The hype for the P365 is some of the best I've ever seen. Sig has a lot of gullible people convinced that they invented the double-stack sub-compact pistol.

Until someone can build something more dependable and solid than a revolver, I'll stick with my Colt Detective Special.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think that's the wisest move. Sig-Sauer will eventually get the bugs worked-out but why subject yourself to this kind of BS? The hype for the P365 is some of the best I've ever seen. Sig has a lot of gullible people convinced that they invented the double-stack sub-compact pistol.

Until someone can build something more dependable and solid than a revolver, I'll stick with my Colt Detective Special.

Reports of bugs with the P365? What's the buzz? I know that Sigs had a problem with finishes rubbing off too. The drop fire flaw was bad. I have dropped a gun hitting the floor the way it would trigger their P320. I have an 80's era 226 made in "W Germany" and it has run very well.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Reports of bugs with the P365? What's the buzz? I know that Sigs had a problem with finishes rubbing off too. The drop fire flaw was bad. I have dropped a gun hitting the floor the way it would trigger their P320. I have an 80's era 226 made in "W Germany" and it has run very well.

Check-out the MAC video up thread. Some of the premature wear issues are almost laughably bad.

The Sig P-series pistols from the 80's and 90's are not the same guns that Sig is slapping their rollmark on nowadays.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

The finish thing was nonsense. Believe me I fell for the internet nonsense about it. The finish wasn't coming off. It would wear in the same places as every other gun. It looked like steel rubbing right through but it is an undercoating and those wear areas were still protected. It just didn't look as pretty as when new.

The drop thing was clearly a problem and they fixed it but geeze....

The 365 problem doesn't seem to be isolated as there are multiple reports of trigger failures. I'm waiting to see some more videos from reputable reviewers vs. reddit complaints and sig manufacturer specific forums.

I don't know what the process manufacturers put their guns through before going to market. I was under the assumption that they would fire thousands upon thousands of rounds through hundreds of guns in various environments before going to market. Didn't the 320 go through a rigorous govt. test before being chosen and still had the drop problem?

I just don't get why they have so many issues with each new release. Its not like cutting edge software that no one has ever developed. I guess tolerances are so tight that the smallest thing can be a problem if not completely vetted out.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I just don't get why they have so many issues with each new release. Its not like cutting edge software that no one has ever developed. I guess tolerances are so tight that the smallest thing can be a problem if not completely vetted out.

It's a question that deserves to be asked because, IMHO, it defies all conventional business wisdom.

Why did S&W let the whole issue with canted, 'crooked' barrels go unaddressed for years before they did anything about it? My only guess is they decided it would be cheaper for them, in the long run, to jerk customers around with the back-and-forth rodeo of repairs and calls to customer service than just build them right from the beginning. I'd say Sig has decided to do the same thing, perhaps, to a slightly lesser degree.

Back in the 80's and 90's, it was utterly inconceivable for Sig to build a POS. When the P228 was released in the late 80's, that thing was so good that it was damn near impossible for the average person to get one unless they knew somebody.

The first Sig I ever encountered with a problem was the P229. When it became available in 1992, the early one's had an issue with the twist-rate of the barrel. You couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it. Sig nipped it in the bud rather quickly by replacing the barrel with one that had a different twist rate and solved the poor-accuracy problem.

Companies who do this can seriously go fvck themselves. I'll no longer purchase their products or do business with them in any way, shape or form. To me, it represents the height of disrespect for me, as their customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom