• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    If its the first generation of the R9, I'd stay away from it. Hopefully the newer pistols are more reliable than the first gen guns

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    There's a reason Remington is going ****-up. I see zero reason to buy a Remington pistol when there are many, many better pistols out there. As for spending $250 on a handgun vs $500 for something far better(glock/m&p/ppq/vp9...etc) over the life of the gun you will be spending thousands on range time and ammo. Buying an inferior gun to save a couple hundred bucks is penny wise and pound foolish...especially if you may ever depend on it for defense.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I shoot at a range on an indian reservation for free whenever I want to. I pick up 9MM brass at that range ( I think some of the police use 9MM). I load my own ammo.
    If the gun shoots OK it would be a good home defense gun. It's just a little big so you wouldn't use it as a carry pistol.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    There's a reason Remington is going ****-up. I see zero reason to buy a Remington pistol when there are many, many better pistols out there. As for spending $250 on a handgun vs $500 for something far better(glock/m&p/ppq/vp9...etc) over the life of the gun you will be spending thousands on range time and ammo. Buying an inferior gun to save a couple hundred bucks is penny wise and pound foolish...especially if you may ever depend on it for defense.

My Remington R1 is a solid performer. It's also a lot cheaper than most of the other 1911s on the market.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I shoot at a range on an indian reservation for free whenever I want to. I pick up 9MM brass at that range ( I think some of the police use 9MM). I load my own ammo.
    If the gun shoots OK it would be a good home defense gun. It's just a little big so you wouldn't use it as a carry pistol.

Have you seen any of the reviews from this gun? Military Arms Channel on YouTube did a few videos a while back.

If you want a range toy then have at it, but there is no way in hell i’d keep that as a home defense gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom