• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It's still showing stuck at the Linthicum Heights Distribution Center. My other packages show they are in Hazzard County, but no movement on the Tubb Spring.....:tdown:

That's some B.S.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's still showing stuck at the Linthicum Heights Distribution Center. My other packages show they are in Hazzard County, but no movement on the Tubb Spring.....:tdown:

It's the "Tubb's Curse"

Dan-dan-dan-daaaaaaaan! :ohnoes:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Got the spring just a few minutes ago. That's a lot of spring to go into that carbine buffer tube. That and a 12 oz buffer. It's mighty cramped in there. Rifle cycles fine with the charging handle, but it will be some time before I can get it to a range. Gotta deal with that pesky >29 inch SBR thing.:mad54:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Got the spring just a few minutes ago. That's a lot of spring to go into that carbine buffer tube. That and a 12 oz buffer. It's mighty cramped in there. Rifle cycles fine with the charging handle, but it will be some time before I can get it to a range. Gotta deal with that pesky >29 inch SBR thing.:mad54:

Mine shipped from Tubb's today. Woo-hoo!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mine shipped from Tubb's today. Woo-hoo!

I never really thought it would be a true flat wire spring, but it is. The AR10 spring is 20 inches long but compresses to go into the buffer tube. It may be me, but I thought racking the bolt with the charging handle felt much smoother with the Tubb spring than the regular carbine spring.

Hopefully you'll not experience the delay in receiving your spring like I did.

Have fun!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I never really thought it would be a true flat wire spring, but it is. The AR10 spring is 20 inches long but compresses to go into the buffer tube. It may be me, but I thought racking the bolt with the charging handle felt much smoother with the Tubb spring than the regular carbine spring.

Hopefully you'll not experience the delay in receiving your spring like I did.

Have fun!
    Yes, they're flat alright! I have them in all my ARs.

I've got my other one(AR 10 spring) crammed into a carbine length tube.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom