• DoNoHarm

by action or inaction
    Oct 9, 2008
    Balto City
    You're welcome. Came from this article:

The #1 Fitness Trend of 2015

http://flip.it/7ZoB0

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

Thanks for that link! My take on this is hiking with the 6-month old in a front-carrier, and the diaper bag backpack - probably comes to only 25 lbs total now, but he keeps growing, so there's a built-in training regimen!

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    You may want to swap him around to the back as he gets heavier. I get the impression it is better for your back to keep the weight in the back than the front.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I recently added a 10lb weight for my training workouts. I'm currently training for a 50K hike along the C&O canal at the end of April. I think I will increase it to 20lbs tonight and work my way up to 35.

After this April event I'm thinking of signing up for one of the Goruck Tough challenges later this year. I just need to find myself a team :innocent0
    http://www.goruck.com/challenges/c/27

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    I recently added a 10lb weight for my training workouts. I'm currently training for a 50K hike along the C&O canal at the end of April. I think I will increase it to 20lbs tonight and work my way up to 35.

After this April event I'm thinking of signing up for one of the Goruck Tough challenges later this year. I just need to find myself a team :innocent0
    http://www.goruck.com/challenges/c/27

You do not need a team. go for it!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I do a 3-4 mile ruck march for time with 35-40# ruck. I haven't been doing them with any regularity this year due to a torn meniscus in my left knee(a gift I received during the blizzard last January) which keeps me in a hit or miss situation. I'm having it repaired this January once my work slows down. I love humping alone;), but sometimes my wife comes along just to slow me down.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I've been doing 50 lbs and 5 miles. 1 hour.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Wife and I walk every day with our packs that we plan to take on the AT. My equipment is in an eberlestock g4 pack that hides a M4 out of sight. I also have a hill people gear chest rig that conceals a g19 and allows fast access.

Im trying to choose LIGHT gear that keeps me warm or cool, dry, feet in good shape, cooking, medical, shelter, defense, water filtration, personal hygeine (shower), and other essential comfort items.

Im trying to combine the following into one bag:

5 day Hiking
    or
    5 Day Camping
    or
    Bug Out/Fighting Bag

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I've been hiking and rock climbing alot lately. My girlfriend looks at me funny when I tell her these skills might come in handy during the next civil war. I've found some beautiful views along the way.
    70abdbb1f80167aa1acf83e593990b97.jpg

4d1a37fe261749cc9a427aef0d321f2e.jpg

a1406fa9ea448fed77357b5642cb6665.jpg

cfcd3cbed00582b1ad8ad8b75a03d210.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads