• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Hi,

Several people have voiced concern over what to do if they get pulled over and they are legally carrying with their CCW, but the officer is not experienced or doesn't know the laws, so he arrests the person anyway. Obviously, this can get sorted out easily in court. But, that means time and money wasted.

So, why not nip it in the bud and avoid the whole situation by providing the officer with an informational card or pamphlet that cites all the relevant laws etc. A friend of mine in PA showed me a pamphlet he uses. He said that officers are less likely to make mistakes if you show them the texts and laws.

My gun club is probably interested in creating something like this. Are any other organizations interested in collaborating?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i doubt your citing law to a cop on the side of the road is going to change much if he has decided to detain/arrest you.

being respectful and polite seems to be your best option IMO.

just my opinion though.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    i doubt your citing law to a cop on the side of the road is going to change much if he has decided to detain/arrest you.

being respectful and polite seems to be your best option IMO.

just my opinion though.

I think they original poster was suggesting that law enforcement agencies issue the card to officers in advance

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Police Officers know that a Wear and Carry permit allows one to have a weapon. That's not the issue. There are not enough pages of a card to lay out the ambiguity of Permit "restrictions" to the Officer.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I'll just point them to my MDS sticker and advise they check out the forum for the 411. The officer won't know how to do search so they'll probably start a new thread. In the event of this I'd ask you be kind as my continued freedom may depend on accurate responses and a kind tone. Hopefully Gryphon will be online.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll just point them to my MDS sticker and advise they check out the forum for the 411. The officer won't know how to do search so they'll probably start a new thread. In the event of this I'd ask you be kind as my continued freedom may depend on accurate responses and a kind tone. Hopefully Gryphon will be online.

:lol::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom