• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Guys,

Need info on this action. I know the following. Remington 700 footprint, so in theory the chassis will fit. Scope mount the same. Anybody know the barrel thread specs? Is it Remington's 16TPI or Savage 20TPI?? Can the barrels be prefit with the barrel nut? Every review I came across has been positive - like a well built out of the box 700.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Guys,

Need info on this action. I know the following. Remington 700 footprint, so in theory the chassis will fit. Scope mount the same. Anybody know the barrel thread specs? Is it Remington's 16TPI or Savage 20TPI?? Can the barrels be prefit with the barrel nut? Every review I came across has been positive - like a well built out of the box 700.

Hit up the Customer Service or Support section on the Website an see what answers you get...the B14 HMR seems to be a viable option to other brands but better accuracy and build quality. Post any response you might get?

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yes, will do. I think to B14 action is a solid Remington 700 alternative. The question is how far are they similar.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Externally, they are supposed to be the same footprint - stocks, bases, and even triggers I believe should fit. With barrels, the issue isn't the action threads (which I believe are 16 TPI), but rather the coned bolt head vs. the straight bolt head of the R700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom