• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Rdb-20”

Compared to pre fsa2013 bullpups. ( 16” barrel)

Attachments

• FAF5E327-82E4-414A-BDD1-07C1140B30E1.jpg
      FAF5E327-82E4-414A-BDD1-07C1140B30E1.jpg
      104.3 KB · Views: 437

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    So, I got the one at Duffy's. Love it!

Now... Real question here... What sights should I get? I'm personally split between an ACOG and a Holographic.

Picture for show, current scope is a placeholder.

KSfgsgwh.jpg

I'd vote ACOG or 1-6x variable from a good maker (like Trijicon). How does yours shoot, accuracy, reliable?

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Hello everyone,
    New to the forum. Is the keltec RDB 20-inch barrel legal in here in Maryland?

I get that you're new, but c'mon man. Literally the opening post:

Just found out after a trip to Duffy's that Kel-Tec now has an RBD with a 20" barrel (standard pistol-grip configuration too). It's completely Maryland legal as well.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Scar's RDB review cost me some loot:D
    This is the new 16" Defender model, basically a mix of the survival adjustable stock and lightweight barrel with standard model pistol grip, non-folding charging handle and aluminum M-lok rail. You get a 14 or 16" LOP, 26-28" OAL, and $844 from centerfire systems. Still waiting on a mount(topping with a 1-6), trigger spring kit and a griffin suppressor mount. Can't wait to try it out, it's TINY, this is compared to a 9" AR. The trigger is good, but mine seems heavier than most, about 3# takeup and 6# break, but the Mcarbo sppring kit should drop those weights, primarily in the takeup stage, giving it a more distinct 2 stage feel. Have to say the mag catch is a bit cheesy and stiff, the bolt release is going to take some practice to get used to, and I could do without the "adjustable" stock(14" LOP collapsed)over the standard fixed stock, wish they went with QD swivels instead of loops, but it's awesome especially for the price. They NEED a 9mm verison of this that takes GLOCK mags.

20200313_092837.jpg

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I just brought home the DT mdrx ( gen2) .

Compared to the RDB.

The RDB has a better trigger and handles a bit better.

If the RDB is produced in 308 or 6.5, I’m definitely getting one.

Attachments

• D25F51D4-86C4-411F-9262-5D47CE5FAE9E.jpg
      D25F51D4-86C4-411F-9262-5D47CE5FAE9E.jpg
      117.5 KB · Views: 247

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Got it together, the Mcarbo return spring is great, the pull is equal to a SSA-E, about 2# takeup with an additional 1.5# break, crisp, with great feel and a nice quick and clean reset. Got my taper mount in, and mounted a Strike Eagle I had laying around. Easy enough to use an M-lok adapter for the front sling, but had to grind a shackle bolt for the rear sling point to run an MS3. 20200316_144842.jpg

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I just brought home the DT mdrx ( gen2) .

Compared to the RDB.

The RDB has a better trigger and handles a bit better.

If the RDB is produced in 308 or 6.5, I’m definitely getting one.

There is a .308 version made, called the RFB. Lots of barrel options for it as well, and good reviews.

For everyone else, the RDB 20" has a nice trigger and slight recoil. Honestly, I personally love it.

Here is my set-up now:

20190418-191852.jpg

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    What kind of accuracy are you getting off the rdb20”?

I wasn’t able to test fire my rifle before the ranges shut down.

Sadly, I don't have 100 yards of testing yet here myself. I am hoping to find a place to test it and then report back. I can say that mine has a great feel to it and should do well with the M855 I have for it to shoot.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    Does it shoot steel cased Ammo?

here is a link to a video on adjusting the gas system...

https://youtu.be/NPPBoM0Zh3M

I would suggest getting the gas tuned properly with brass cased ammo before running any steel cased. There is a lot of useful information on RDB's over at https://www.thektog.org/

One of the most common failures on RDBs are broken firing pins. There have been, I think, 3 redesigns of the firing pin since they came out. So I'd be wary of steel cased and their hard primers at least until everything is tuned properly. Another thing to pay attention to are all of the screws. Make sure every screw is tight before you go shoot or you will be missing a few when you go home. Blue loctite is a good idea. The top rail screws are another important thing to pay attention to or you will be wasting a lot of ammo trying to figure out why your zero changed. Make sure they are torqued properly and loctited, that rearward one with the spring washer needs to be snug, not tight btw. There is more info online about this.

All that being said, Keltec customer support is awesome. If anything breaks or doesnt work properly, they will either send you the part or have you ship it to them and they'll fix it at no charge. I didnt know about checking the screws when i first got my RDB and I was pretty bummed when i got home and saw a few were missing on the cheek rest after my first range day. A call to Keltec and they sent me a few screws at no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom