• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    love my vz58 but it doesnt get as much range time because of the hot handguard issue. its not as bad if i remember to pack gloves, though.

I don't mean to hijack the thread (too much), but about a year ago, I picked up a heat shield on ebay that slides inside the lower OEM handguard (once removed from the gun) and it greatly mitigates the problem.

Back on topic: I'm not a fan of bullpups, but this particular Keltec does look appealing.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I like the look of the RDB grip&trigger guard. I like the track record of the Tavor. If a BP was in my future it would be close, but the win would go to IWI.

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    I got a 26.1 Tavor before FSA2013 I would like to take the RDB out for a test run and would love to buy one to add to my bullpup collection but would rather get one that is the designed 26" version, along with a P-90 with out the barrel extension that makes it look totally stupid.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I got a 26.1 Tavor before FSA2013 I would like to take the RDB out for a test run and would love to buy one to add to my bullpup collection but would rather get one that is the designed 26" version, along with a P-90 with out the barrel extension that makes it look totally stupid.
    Well your in luck the RDB is about 27.4 OAL, so pinning a suppressor mount etc will get you to 29" with no worries while retaining its good looks as designed.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Not trying to bring negativity to the thread here but Kel-Tec's inability to bring their guns to market in sufficient quantities is a huge turn off to me. I think the prices some of their more exotics guns sell for is way over inflated for the style of firearm they offer. I've held a few and while I understand that most of them are totally functional and reliable it just didn't feel super high quality to me. Kel-tec would make so much sense if they were widely available and undercut other similar models available by a decent margin but I just don't get their current model of doing things.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Pretty sure Ruger operates with no debt also. I understand their position but hard to get excited about something I may only see one of and which will be marked up over MSRP.

Also, due to the lack of product aftermarket for their rifles isn't as strong as I think it could be if they were more plentiful.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Pretty sure Ruger operates with no debt also. I understand their position but hard to get excited about something I may only see one of and which will be marked up over MSRP.

Also, due to the lack of product aftermarket for their rifles isn't as strong as I think it could be if they were more plentiful.

Even given all of that I would take the Tavor over it. Much more vetted and tested at this point.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    With the Obama Sales Tactics there is allot of firearms drying up...

RDB; need to see some reaction to it, be awfully hard to get the length?

RFB; 24" makes the cut to a total of 32", puts it in the running...

Tavor: Good Track Record, now in 300 BLKO, even has a MD Model or stretch the 18.5 version...

DT MDR: Has allot of Tech in it but its priced High, 16" barrel in both 762 and 556 calibers, I don't think it will pass the 29" litmus test...

or AUG USA if you can find one and afford it...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    With the Obama Sales Tactics there is allot of firearms drying up...

RDB; need to see some reaction to it, be awfully hard to get the length?

RFB; 24" makes the cut to a total of 32", puts it in the running...

Tavor: Good Track Record, now in 300 BLKO, even has a MD Model or stretch the 18.5 version...

DT MDR: Has allot of Tech in it but its priced High, 16" barrel in both 762 and 556 calibers, I don't think it will pass the 29" litmus test...

or AUG USA if you can find one and afford it...

The biggest issue with the RFB is that it uses FAL mags....

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    $1,500 for a Kel-Tec? Wow. There's a lot of other rifles in line ahead of this one if I'm spending that much cash.

Frostburg

Jan 1, 2015
    Hey, I have a quick question.

What are the legal requirements to buy a rifle like the RDB
    or Tavor in Maryland?

I understand the rifle must be 28 or 29 inches OAL?
    If a longer muzzle devise can be installed at the outgoing FFL
    in a neighboring state, does it need to be pinned and welded?

The only reason I ask is I have a seller who wants to sell me the
    RDB and is willing to install a longer muzzle devise, but we are
    unsure of the exact requirements.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hey, I have a quick question.

What are the legal requirements to buy a rifle like the RDB
    or Tavor in Maryland?

I understand the rifle must be 28 or 29 inches OAL?
    If a longer muzzle devise can be installed at the outgoing FFL
    in a neighboring state, does it need to be pinned and welded?

The only reason I ask is I have a seller who wants to sell me the
    RDB and is willing to install a longer muzzle devise, but we are
    unsure of the exact requirements.

>29" OAL. The muzzle device must be permanent. It does not need to be installed out of state, just by an FFL. Talk to the FFL in MD who will be doing the transfer, make sure they will receive it. The MD FFL may possibly want to do the muzzle device themselves to ensure it complies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom