• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks Al. I'm going to work my way through the weeds. I want to end up with a suppressed 300sbr. I know I'm ahead of the curve..... But I've been in the thinking process since the whisper first came out. Thanks for letting me know I can start to get some of the evil stuff together like the barrel and suppressor parts as long as I throw them in the box and wait for approval!!!

When did you file and how did you file? Did you file electronically or on paper?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone ever use these guys?

https://solventcatch.com

So besides the federal necessary paperwork what is needed to complete these into a suppressor?

I’d be interested in doing a .22 just to learn. Even if you F up you’re not out a lot of money.

I’d almost want to start the paperwork before i had one of these in my possession lol.

I’ll go back and read this thread but this is very interesting. Do they hold up?

I know nothing about NFA besides the normal serial number, barrel size, and no giggle switch. If my comments are sounding like I’m law breaking please delete but let me know that my idea is a no go if that’s the case!

So besides the federal necessary paperwork what is needed to complete these into a suppressor?

I’d be interested in doing a .22 just to learn. Even if you F up you’re not out a lot of money.

I’d almost want to start the paperwork before i had one of these in my possession lol.

I’ll go back and read this thread but this is very interesting. Do they hold up?

These kits are aluminum, so I would only use them for .22 rimfire.
    All you have to do is drill holes. Make sure you have the tax stamp in hand before drilling holes. Solvent traps are legal until you start drilling- then the $200 NFA stamp is required.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    These kits are aluminum, so I would only use them for .22 rimfire.
    All you have to do is drill holes. Make sure you have the tax stamp in hand before drilling holes. Solvent traps are legal until you start drilling- then the $200 NFA stamp is required.

Yeah I’d just want to do a .22 really only to learn. If i F it up but have a stamp how do i have to dispose of it?

Do i have to get the tube engraved?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I've been considering one from this site: https://www.quietbore.com/ reviews seem very positive.

Lol i kinda want to call the ATF for clarity and full legality on these but i feel like that will 100% put me on a “we are watching you” list. I’ve wanted a .22 suppressor for a while and the form 1 return time is appealing! My BIL who basically only owns NFA items says its way quicker then a 4

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Also i appreciate you guys answering my questions. Total NFA newb and like taking on projects, but prefer to stay on the right side of myself lol

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yes, you have to engrave the tube. I don't know about disposal.
    The Form 1 e-files currently have an ~30 day turn around time. (That was not a typo)

Do i send the CLEO sign off in or go there to do it?

I think I’m gonna dip my feet in this NFA game.

That was my last question i promise but i do really thank you guys for answering me!

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Do i send the CLEO sign off in or go there to do it?

I think I’m gonna dip my feet in this NFA game.

That was my last question i promise but i do really thank you guys for answering me!

Just mail it to your CLEO. Depending on your CLEO you might get a letter back or you might not. Mine sent me a generic thank you letter when I sent in my Form 1 on my AK and again when I did my C&R license.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Just mail it to your CLEO. Depending on your CLEO you might get a letter back or you might not. Mine sent me a generic thank you letter when I sent in my Form 1 on my AK and again when I did my C&R license.

Awesome thank you! Time to read up on some confirmation laws and find a place to order!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yeah I’d just want to do a .22 really only to learn. If i F it up but have a stamp how do i have to dispose of it?

Do i have to get the tube engraved?
    If you want to see what a slightly modified Ebay kit can do, I'd be willing to bring it out one day. SG and I linked up at AGC one day and he almost had a giggle snort fit with how quiet it was. Supers were as loud as a paintball marker. Subs were utterly insane with how quiet they were.

I also have a quiet bore kit and you'd be able to check that out too.

Just say the word and we'll figure out a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom