• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    I was wondering if anyone has been to both the York County and Chantilly gun shows recently? How does York compare with Chantilly? Worth the trip to PA, or shall I stick with VA?

Also curious, was there much panic at the last VA GS, given the loss of both houses (and freedom) in VA?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Both gun shows are great. I slightly prefer Chantilly over York but neither one of them disappoint. I did not witness a lot of panicking at the last Chantilly show a few weeks ago but everyone was talking about what is going on. No price gouging. You can still buy the same stuff for the same price. There was no shortage of anything.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Chantilly is the bigger show, but I suspect there will continue to be price gouging in VA for a while. Another option for you is the Harrisburg, PA gun shows as well.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    IMHO, the environment (traffic, parking,etc) at Chantilly made it very unenjoyable compared to the ease and drive to York. Over the last 5+ years York has evolved into my favorite gun show. Anything available at Chantilly is available at York

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    IMHO, the environment (traffic, parking,etc) at Chantilly made it very unenjoyable compared to the ease and drive to York. Over the last 5+ years York has evolved into my favorite gun show. Anything available at Chantilly is available at York

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm in Deep Southern Maryland, so York is way outside my driving distance. Chantilly is a good show, but the parking situation is very bad. Expect to have to hunt at least 20 minutes to find a spot.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Chantilly, I just walk further to park. Take 2 advil as soon as I start the 45 minute drive to it. I can use the exercise.
    I like both but Have had good luck with C&R at York. Smaller show but different stuff.
    York and the shows you go to further deep into PA I think I can get better prices on C&R cause the cost of living is lower. I've had my best C&R purchases closer to Pittsburgh

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Yes...both shows are great. At each you'll see vendors that you won't see at the other. York is somewhat smaller and less crazy but both are worth the effort.

I agree. York show has tighter aisles for circulation space but it is packed to the max. I usually wear a backpack to stuff my goodies in while I walk around. York was a tight fit. There are different things to see at each show.

Chantilly is the bigger show, but I suspect there will continue to be price gouging in VA for a while. Another option for you is the Harrisburg, PA gun shows as well.

I was going to mention Harrisburg as well. I really like that show too.

I'm in Deep Southern Maryland, so York is way outside my driving distance. Chantilly is a good show, but the parking situation is very bad. Expect to have to hunt at least 20 minutes to find a spot.

For several of Chantilly shows I had to park on the far side of the Wal-Mart shopping center lot just to find a space. Sometimes I just go straight to that lot instead of searching.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Depends on the York show they are not all equal. The big tri-County is what you want.

Chantilly hasnt been that great last few times and if I am just going for basics its easier to get in and out of York.

Also depends where you are in the state.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    York is a 500 table show. Chantilly is a 1400 table show. I like the Gettysburg 500 table show a little better than the York 500 table show. Promoters York Appalacian, Gettysburg Eagle Arms, Chantilly Showmasters.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    York is a 500 table show. Chantilly is a 1400 table show. I like the Gettysburg 500 table show a little better than the York 500 table show. Promoters York Appalacian, Gettysburg Eagle Arms, Chantilly Showmasters.

All of the York shows are listed by the promoter as being 1,000 table shows.
    I would rather go to the York show, than the Chantilly, but I end up going to both more than once a year.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    I attended the York show yesterday. Half of one room was empty, mixed products. Must be the competition from Chantilly this week. It was pleasant enough, low-key, leisurely, but a bit sad. Bought a few mags (always do, even though I couldn't possible go through the number I already have; they will be useful to trade for food or ammo when the time comes, however).

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Haven't been to York, but the most recent Chantilly show was good. Parking can usually be had in the Walmart lot. Some table had elevated prices but I found the mags that I wanted at a reasonable price. Lots of guns. No panic buying that I can see.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Of those in my AO, Chantilly is the pinnacle, but is a long drive (4+ hrs), for that same 4 hours I am looking at this one: MARCH 13-15 – PA, OAKS Extravaganza Gun Show at 2000 tables.
    I wonder what the folks in PA can sell a Virginian? (by March, that is...:shocking:)

Last Chantilly show, my dear wife went with me, like we used to do in the olden days, and we had a great time. Found some cheap .458 SOCOM ammo by Precision ONE and Mrs OMC sold two of her little rifles, at her asking price, an old Remington #2 that was sleeved to .22lr, and a Remington #6 .22lr TD as well. We are trying to trim down some and so don't hesitate to let an unloved one go here and there...

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I'll have to try the York show. I usually park farther away in the Walmart lot at Chantilly, but the drive there is the aggravating part. Well that and the $16 cover charge.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Of those in my AO, Chantilly is the pinnacle, but is a long drive (4+ hrs), for that same 4 hours I am looking at this one: MARCH 13-15 – PA, OAKS Extravaganza Gun Show at 2000 tables.
    I wonder what the folks in PA can sell a Virginian? (by March, that is...:shocking:)

Last Chantilly show, my dear wife went with me, like we used to do in the olden days, and we had a great time. Found some cheap .458 SOCOM ammo by Precision ONE and Mrs OMC sold two of her little rifles, at her asking price, an old Remington #2 that was sleeved to .22lr, and a Remington #6 .22lr TD as well. We are trying to trim down some and so don't hesitate to let an unloved one go here and there...

yea, Oaks > Chantilly > York > most others. There are also different shows in the same city, some are larger than others, Oaks has the big 2K show, and a couple 1K shows about the size of York

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom