• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Just got this off of Gunbroker.

1968 Polish P-64. 9x18 - can't wait to put a few rounds thru it.

pix552486360.jpg

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    nice guns. you might look into a wolf spring kit to help with the DA trigger pull.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    its very accurate for such a small pistol. the single action is sweet...ENJOY!

What FPS said. The SA does have a little bit of travel, but it's very light, and even with the crude sights, it's pretty accurate, at least for a crappy shot like myself. I really like it, myself. The DA is.... well, you probably already know.

Maybe you just eased the slide forward real slowly, but I see that it's on safety and not in battery. If you smack it forward, it'll decock like it's supposed to, but I mention this because this likely means you have a bunch of cosmoline inside the gun. It should still shoot fine, but it probably wouldn't hurt to bring an extra rag or two with you when you shoot it. When it heats up, the cosmo will likely start leaking out, and you'll wanna wipe it up. It's got a good kick to it, maybe not entirely unlike a snub 38 (never shot one but I've shot snubs and I've shot 38s), so you won't want it to be greasy too.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    They are cool little guns. Yours does not seem to have the ugly PW Arms import marks some of them have, like mine.:rolleyes:

As said the DA is not great with the stock spring. SA is good though. I just dropped in the Wolff spring Threeband mentioned above. It feels better dry firing, but have yet to range test it.

I really wish I bought two.

Fieldman

Dec 22, 2009
    Clayton, DE
    What's the deal with the barrel? I have a P64 and the barrel doesn't protrude from the end of the slide. Looks like it has some sort of mod. See pic of mine.

I noticed after posting this that it looks like your slide is pulled back slightly.

4788509260_7f3d1ffb63.jpg

Last edited:

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    Nice pick-up.
    i love my p-64, never had a problem with it.
    installed the wolf spring kit, and other than losing my extractor spring for about 2 hrs on the other side of the room, Im happy I did it.
    But after a few mags through it. Ive had enough for the day.
    even with the upgraded recoil spring it still beats my hand silly.
    Or maybe im just a little sissy.. either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom