• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There's something screwy about this article because it's published as of February 21, 2018 but also quotes Don Dwyer as being a sitting delegate.

http://themillenniumreport.com/2018...it-will-be-civil-war-before-gun-confiscation/

“State police and highway patrol get their orders from the governor,” the Maryland sheriff said. “I get my orders from the citizens in this county.”

At any rate, good on this sheriff.

This concept of sheriffs being the final local law enforcement official is an interesting one, if perhaps impractical in modern society. However, it also illustrates that law enforcement is not in lock step with disarming of the public and I do believe could result in some pretty significant conflict should that time come.

And then there's this from Herr Frosh:

“If you are a sheriff in Maryland you must take an oath to uphold the law and the Constitution,” said Frosh, now the Democratic nominee for Maryland attorney general. “You can’t be selective. It’s not up to a sheriff to decide what’s constitutional and what isn’t. That’s what our courts are for.”

Funny how he doesn't seem to feel that way when it comes to enforcing immigration law. Dick.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    And thus the reason for the Second Amendment
    I hear that MD's sanctuary cities are wanting to house illegal's in citizens homes next .... just kidding.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    frosh is such a lying POS. He doesn't enforce the federal nor state laws that he doesn't like but wants to lecture others. He wouldn't know the Constitution if you wallpapered his office with it. POS..........The Sheriff actually wants to follow the Constitution, imagine that.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    There's something screwy about this article because it's published as of February 21, 2018 but also quotes Don Dwyer as being a sitting delegate.

http://themillenniumreport.com/2018...it-will-be-civil-war-before-gun-confiscation/

This concept of sheriffs being the final local law enforcement official is an interesting one, if perhaps impractical in modern society. However, it also illustrates that law enforcement is not in lock step with disarming of the public and I do believe could result in some pretty significant conflict should that time come.

Funny how he doesn't seem to feel that way when it comes to enforcing immigration law. Dick.
    Yes, law enforcement can be selective. It always makes value judgmemts based on resources and pressing issues of importance.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It also said "Frosh, now the Democratic nominee for Maryland attorney general."

It's either poorly researched/written or ...

Oh, to go back in time.

I scrolled down to the bottom and see that it's a re-print from 2014 from another site.

The sheriff is still right though.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Probably an old article but it still rings true today. The elected Sheriff is our last line of defense against a tyrannical government and is there to protect the county residents. I remember about 4 years ago our Carroll County sheriff , states attorney and county commissioners signed a pact that no county resources would be used to enforce the results of the FSA of 2013. Wow, what a difference a few years makes and how dumbed down we’ve become. Kudos to the Wicomico County Sheriff!

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Probably an old article but it still rings true today. The elected Sheriff is our last line of defense against a tyrannical government and is there to protect the county residents. I remember about 4 years ago our Carroll County sheriff , states attorney and county commissioners signed a pact that no county resources would be used to enforce the results of the FSA of 2013. Wow, what a difference a few years makes and how dumbed down we’ve become. Kudos to the Wicomico County Sheriff!
    I’m not sure what you mean by the last part. Has anybody in Carroll County been arrested, charged, and prosecuted for any crime related to FSA13 since its inception? Has any County resources been used to enforce this as you state? I’m asking because I really don’t know, but I don’t remember reading anything about someone in the County in violation. I agree, much respect to the Wico Co Sheriff, but as far as I can tell the Carroll Co Sheriff, States Attorney, and County Commissioners haven’t gone back on their words (have they?) and I’m not sure the statement “wow, what a difference 4 years makes” would be accurate or appropriate.

For that matter, has anyone in MD been arrested for anything yet as per FSA13? We’re obviously limited as to what we can buy/sell in MD, but has anybody actually been dinged for violating anything yet? Again, I’m asking because I don’t know, I’m curious to see. I would think the Frosh/M&M Boys would be running that on a 24/7 breaking news ticker on every channel if that were the case.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Unfortunately for every Wicomico sheriff there are dozens of Broward sheriffs who will flip it to take the law into their own hands and make their community safe by getting all those guns off the streets.

The Wicomico sheriff is a patriot.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I’m not sure what you mean by the last part. Has anybody in Carroll County been arrested, charged, and prosecuted for any crime related to FSA13 since its inception? Has any County resources been used to enforce this as you state? I’m asking because I really don’t know, but I don’t remember reading anything about someone in the County in violation. I agree, much respect to the Wico Co Sheriff, but as far as I can tell the Carroll Co Sheriff, States Attorney, and County Commissioners haven’t gone back on their words (have they?) and I’m not sure the statement “wow, what a difference 4 years makes” would be accurate or appropriate.

For that matter, has anyone in MD been arrested for anything yet as per FSA13? We’re obviously limited as to what we can buy/sell in MD, but has anybody actually been dinged for violating anything yet? Again, I’m asking because I don’t know, I’m curious to see. I would think the Frosh/M&M Boys would be running that on a 24/7 breaking news ticker on every channel if that were the case.

You are correct, I cannot answer that but I know the demographics are changing here and the fact that most elected county sheriffs are an extension of the state and abide by what their masters ask. The main point I was attempting to drive home is that many do not know that your county sheriff is your last line of defense and you should know where they stand. It's not always easy getting someone to answer that. Also, just because they are a republican doesn't necessarily mean they are defenders of freedom.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Most rural Sheriffs believe like this sheriff does, that he works for his constituents, and that they will not order unconstitutional acts. But like everything else only the sheriffs from urban areas are usually asked about theee type of things.

As for frosh, he’s just a commy nut case elected by urban areas of md so what do you expect

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There's something screwy about this article because it's published as of February 21, 2018 but also quotes Don Dwyer as being a sitting delegate...

That was the first thing that popped into my head. It's so easy being a democRAT. Really!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Yep it’s an old article, and before that disingenuous POS AG Frosh took his own oath, and later got on his knees to service the DC AG so DC wouldn’t appeal to SCOTUS and get the DC and 4th Circuit split resolved.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Unfortunately for every Wicomico sheriff there are dozens of Broward sheriffs who will flip it to take the law into their own hands and make their community safe by getting all those guns off the streets.

The Wicomico sheriff is a patriot.

This ^^^^ just like some of the politicians we get, LE can be hit or miss too. Fred55

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Very late rehash of an article from back in 2013 during the FSA fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom