• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone been by a store to see what liquidation deals there might be? Decent chance I might be on the Eastern shore this weekend for Mother's Day and thought I might stop in the Salisbury store. Just wondering if I should chance the fight with my wife if it is a ghost town or "10% off liquidation sale"

I don't think she will let me buy any guns right now and their ammo prices often aren't great, but hey, if they ARE offering decent discounts...

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    Went Sunday, WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!! No discount on firearms or ammo. 10 - 15% off anything worth buying. Everything I had interest in I looked up online and every single thing was cheaper online even after GM so called discount and not buy just a few cents. No wonder they are out of business. You know there is something wrong when the big box store is same price or higher then the mom and pop store up the street!

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Any major brick and motor stores never have any good deals even when 50% off.

Best bet is shopping for shelving and other retail equipment to use in another store.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Went to Gander today and things were more expensive than 3 months ago even with their 5-30% discounts. All guns were 5% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    For a great price on a Shield check out Pametto State Armory. They're advertising, with the S&W rebate, a 9mm for about $205.

I saw that. Thankfully I don't NEED a shield and I don't want it bad enough to buy one.

I was just using that as an example of a good going out of business sale for gander

hup234

Feb 15, 2017
    Some years ago I was in the Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg, Virginia. The employees were moving rifles from one part of the store to the other. They used a shopping cart and dumped rifles into it like they were loading gardening tools. I couldn't believe my eyes. Scratched the heck out of a lot of the stocks, not to mention what damage was done to the barrels.

No wonder they are closing down.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    me and the gf went, picked up a few things, got a few nice deals and a few semi decent deals, was able to talk to the store manager and get a little extra discount on our entire order which helped out, I do have to say that GM played a part in me getting into AR's, buddy got his black rain ordnance gun there years ago, maybe around 2010, first time shooting it, I was hooked and started into collecting guns

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Waiting on 30% or more off so I can buy a Yeti cooler.

Good luck. A lot of these "going out of business" sales are a joke.

Idk if this applies u iversally but years ago when radio shack was shutting down I asked a store manager when things would get to 50% or more. He said never, not even for employees. The tax benefits of writing off leftover merchandise greatly outweighed selling at anything greater than 15% off for most items. Could have been total bs, but I was floored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom