• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Wow, I tried to tell someone yesterday in conversation that under 18 is a child, they argued and we fact checked ... In MD in regards to sexting it is 16 wtf

It is a surprising misconception. If I remember correctly, laws requiring consenting parties being 18 or older are actually the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid U.S. sex assault accusation
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-crime-guns/creator-of-3-d-printed-guns-flies-to-taiwan-amid-u-s-sex-assault-accusation-idUSKCN1LZ2F5
    A Texas man at the center of a legal battle over his plan to make instructions available for 3-D printed plastic guns flew to Taiwan after learning police in Austin were investigating an accusation he had sex with an underage girl, police said on Wednesday.

Cody Wilson, 30, was placed under investigation after a counsellor on Aug. 22 told police that a 16-year-old girl had said she was paid $500 to have sex with Wilson at an Austin hotel, Austin Police Commander Troy Officer said at a news conference.

Police later interviewed the girl and on Wednesday obtained a warrant for Wilson’s arrest, but by then he had caught a flight to Taiwan, Officer said.

“We know Mr. Wilson frequently travels for business. We don’t know why he went to Taiwan,” Officer said. “But we do know before he left he was informed by a friend of the victim that she had spoken to police and the police were investigating him for having sex with a minor.”

Taiwan does not have an extradition treaty with the United States.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I had buddy get rolled up on sex with a minor. He picked up a chick in a club that served alcohol, and needed to show ID to get in. Long story short he picks her up does the deed drops her off at "home" the next morning, parents see him and her. She gets out he leaves her parents called the cops and arrested him when he was driving home. Long story short 6 months, lawyers bills, military discharge he was found not guilty. The club denied letting the girl in and said no way that girl would have been admitted, if it wasn't for the fact she had the bracelet and stamp he would have been screwed.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Yeah, this is what innocent people do. They run and hide.

People making excuses for Wilson are scum.

IANAL. Our law in this country is based on a few concepts: innocent until proven guilty, speedy trial, jury of one's peers, and a right to face one's accuser.

If he is indeed hiding, he is ignoring all of these. While hiding doesn't in my mind convict him (see above), it does raise questions in my mind as to his motivation for doing so. Smart people can think with the wrong appendage. Did he? I'll wait for the jury's verdict. That doesn't make me scum.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If he is hiding and does so much longer, they can also charge him as a fugitive from justice. There isn't much of a defense he can offer to shield himself from conviction on that charge. Have they charged him as such yet?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    IANAL. Our law in this country is based on a few concepts: innocent until proven guilty, speedy trial, jury of one's peers, and a right to face one's accuser.

If he is indeed hiding, he is ignoring all of these. While hiding doesn't in my mind convict him (see above), it does raise questions in my mind as to his motivation for doing so. Smart people can think with the wrong appendage. Did he? I'll wait for the jury's verdict. That doesn't make me scum.
    yup. You do also wonder what steps he took to check for age before hooking up. If he met her through a website with an age verification, there's at least a pretense that people you meet are 18 or older. If she signed up with a fake ID, did she present him with it when they met up in person? If it was intentional, string him up...but if he's working off the info he was given, and that info was faked...

In a world where corporations have been pushed to be anti-gun(citigroup, dicks, youtube, facebook, google...) thinking that a single man could be set-up isn't that hard to believe.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Wow, that's a really accurate news source.

Well, he does / did run hatreon.com which was designed to allow for crowdfunding for people like hate groups who would be kicked off of more "traditional" crowdfunding sites. It wasn't neo-Nazi specifically, but it certainly did serve neo-Nazi groups and others like them.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Well, he does / did run hatreon.com which was designed to allow for crowdfunding for people like hate groups who would be kicked off of more "traditional" crowdfunding sites. It wasn't neo-Nazi specifically, but it certainly did serve neo-Nazi groups and others like them.

That was my point.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO

I could not see the video. I got an unsupported format message. It sounds like his time as a free man is drawing to a close. I wonder how this debacle affects his ongoing court battle with the SAG's? He is obviously finished. I am curious to know the specifics on how the logistics play out. The SAG's took Cody Wilson to court in regards to the distributing of 3D gun printing. To my knowledge they did not sue anyone else. I know there are other parties that backed him. Will or can his backers keep up the same fight to support the online distribution of firearm blueprint information before the left wing judge carves in stone that this is an illegal activity?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    He was arrested around 6pm, Taiwan time

http://www.cna.com.tw/news/firstnews/201809215003-1.aspx
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/co...ompany-charged-with-sexual-assault-of-a-child

101023846029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom