• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I won some lots that had some reloading dies, etc. in them the other day at auction. Some of the die sets are things I can use, but some I can't. An example is a nearly full set of Lyman Ideal 310 dies for .222 Rem. I think the only thing missing is the shell holder from what I've seen online. It even has the priming tool head with the set. I see some on eBay but don't know if anyone actually buys them. Do people collect this stuff? Figured I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    It Depends on several things, but the main tihng is the selling price, in
    regards to the current market. There is always peopel looking for it
    Vintage stuff always interested in it. The old "nutcrackers" (ideal/lyman310)
    CH Champs, Texans, Hollywoods, Ch-444, and Star's. Always looking...
    saw on Flea-Bay Old Round Tray Lee Autoprimes...90-100 for them, could
    make a kill n here

-Rock

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I still use a antique Herters press that has incredible mechanical advantage and a special made to order shell holder. Nothing wrong with vintage as long as it works.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    At my age you ask if anyone is interested in vintage "equipment"?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Thanks, everyone. I wound up with a two-die .308Win set from CH, the Lyman Ideal dies, and a vintage Lee Loader for 7mm Rem Mag. I had honestly never even heard of CH, but apparently, they're still alive and kicking. Especially in this market! I already have two full sets of .308win dies, so the CH will likely go up on flea bay along with the Lyman stuff. I bought the lot hoping there would be some .32Rem dies in it (I snagged the sealed Buffalo Arms .32Rem rounds that were also available) but no dice. Hopefully, I can make this stuff pay for itself and the ammo.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Thanks, everyone. I wound up with a two-die .308Win set from CH, the Lyman Ideal dies, and a vintage Lee Loader for 7mm Rem Mag. I had honestly never even heard of CH, but apparently, they're still alive and kicking. Especially in this market! I already have two full sets of .308win dies, so the CH will likely go up on flea bay along with the Lyman stuff. I bought the lot hoping there would be some .32Rem dies in it (I snagged the sealed Buffalo Arms .32Rem rounds that were also available) but no dice. Hopefully, I can make this stuff pay for itself and the ammo.

Yep, They are CH4D now, I remember them as CH Tool and Die Company.
    Think the guys name is Frank, would call up there for parts, he would say "I got one laying
    around here somewhere, let me check" He knew his stuff, would keep you on the phone for
    a while. Have some stuff from them Carbide buttons, tiN coated dies, AutoChamps, picked
    up some bushings for the powder measure a few months ago. Guess out of all the presses
    the Star's are it 45 / 9mm / 38 their the ones I use the most, the 45 has the adjustable
    bushings thanks to Bruce.. great machine.

-Rock

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wifey says she's got all the vintage equipment she can handle, thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom