• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    In Warton (is that how you spell it?) today with Summitcty and other friends. It was a long day but we made it happen

Attachments

• 01CC242D-6356-4BDE-A6DB-04BB84F046E1.jpg
      01CC242D-6356-4BDE-A6DB-04BB84F046E1.jpg
      177 KB · Views: 100

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Worton.

Word is we're mostly seeing 3+ year old birds this year. This makes for a smarter more weary bird. If next years hatch doesn't improve we're in for a moratorium.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Worton.

Word is we're mostly seeing 3+ year old birds this year. This makes for a smarter more weary bird. If next years hatch doesn't improve we're in for a moratorium.

Thats exactly what we heard today.

Those were some nice buffleheads you posted on the previous page!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Worton.

Just wonderful about the moratorium. If that happens, I am going to have to learn how to hunt ducks from a boat. Never really done it and a little apprehensive about doing it on my own. Guess I could also join a hunt club that is set up for duck hunting.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    In Warton (is that how you spell it?) today with Summitcty and other friends. It was a long day but we made it happen

I’d post my picture but I’m an idiot and haven’t figured out how to post to MDS but it was a great day and a fun time.

Nothing better than sitting in a blind with a group that enjoys each other’s company and equally enjoys busting each other’s balls for no reason other than it seems like a good thing to do.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I’d post my picture but I’m an idiot and haven’t figured out how to post to MDS but it was a great day and a fun time.

Nothing better than sitting in a blind with a group that enjoys each other’s company and equally enjoys busting each other’s balls for no reason other than it seems like a good thing to do.

Never knew there were any hunters or fishers out there that did not equally enjoy busting each other's nether regions for no reason whatsoever other than it seeming like a good thing to do. I really thought all hunting and fishing was done like that. You mean to tell me there are some people out there hunting and fishing that do not bust each other's nether regions for no apparent reason? Say it ain't so. lol

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Never knew there were any hunters or fishers out there that did not equally enjoy busting each other's nether regions for no reason whatsoever other than it seeming like a good thing to do. I really thought all hunting and fishing was done like that. You mean to tell me there are some people out there hunting and fishing that do not bust each other's nether regions for no apparent reason? Say it ain't so. lol

Hahaha. Fortunately, I have not experienced it but I have heard of it happening amongst thin skinned people.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Send me the pic. I will post it

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    An exhausting day for the Harvey boys, 3:15 comes early. Sun up to sun down in the layout blinds today. We scratched out a few but it was a tough day.

Attachments

• 07F90BF0-15B3-4443-9AE0-4D5057991CB4.jpg
      07F90BF0-15B3-4443-9AE0-4D5057991CB4.jpg
      134.6 KB · Views: 140

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Pic posted

Attachments

• 5A723F90-7B23-46BA-8849-78427D3833A7.jpg
      5A723F90-7B23-46BA-8849-78427D3833A7.jpg
      208.8 KB · Views: 140

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I and three other boats got big skunks on the river on Saturday. There just aren't any birds around :(

Yeah, it just has not gotten cold enough. Kind of like last year. It was some tough sledding to scratch out 2 geese a person last year and forget about seeing ducks in fields last year. Have not gotten out once for waterfowl this year. Such is life and parenthood.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just spoke with someone who hunts a PRIME spot at the top of the Bohemia River. They killed over 300 geese last season at a single A frame field blind.

This year? 17 (seventeen). I'm talking about lifelong waterfowl hunters, two of which were guides for many years. The location is sick, we killed birds last year with people out picking up cripples, dog running around, birds upside down on the ground, (over primarily V boards mind you)...none of it mattered.

The birds that are here are smart, non-committal and finish very weary of at all. They might as well close the season next year.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Just spoke with someone who hunts a PRIME spot at the top of the Bohemia River. They killed over 300 geese last season at a single A frame field blind.

This year? 17 (seventeen). I'm talking about lifelong waterfowl hunters, two of which were guides for many years. The location is sick, we killed birds last year with people out picking up cripples, dog running around, birds upside down on the ground, (over primarily V boards mind you)...none of it mattered.

The birds that are here are smart, non-committal and finish very weary of at all. They might as well close the season next year.

Snows had a bad hatch and are nothing but mature wary birds as well. It was hard hunting even in Canada in September. I'm currently sitting in a blind but not much flying today. Saw about twenty at 0900 but nothing since. River was a war zone earlier so someone got into the ducks. Hopefully we get some new birds pushed down with this North wind.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Snows had a bad hatch and are nothing but mature wary birds as well. It was hard hunting even in Canada in September. I'm currently sitting in a blind but not much flying today. Saw about twenty at 0900 but nothing since. River was a war zone earlier so someone got into the ducks. Hopefully we get some new birds pushed down with this North wind.

I hunted Saskatchewan in October, most of which could have been done in a T-shirt unfortunately, weather was ******** the entire time, barely got below freezing at all. There were almost zero light geese and very few darks up there, we limited our group one day (out of 5). Plenty of ducks around there during that time, spoils you to see 5K ducks in one morning.

We killed on single goose and one Can Saturday in a rig that was literally around 100 yards long, 8 guys set up inside of 10 dozen ducks, about 4 dozen v boards and another 4 dozen floaters.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    We hunted right up not far outside Saskatoon. They said a single ice storm in the Arctic (WAY up there) killed off most of the hatch this year. Perfect timing and just the course of nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom