• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There is a small gun show called the Oaks Guns Show this Saturday and Sunday, August 5th and 6th. I say small because it's not their largest show. However, you will find 1000 tables and more variety than you can imagine.

I'm sad to say that I probably won't make it this month because of family obligations. But it's a great show. There is another Show in October where there will be 1500 tables and it spans all 3 buildings. That's an amazing show.

It's in the King of Prussia area. If you have time and can make it, I would recommend the drive. Always decent deals. I've bought supplies and ammo every time I've gone. I always like to stop and talk to Dennis Todd and his wife. They are good people and are NFA vendors too.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I like the Oaks show. It has a different character than Chantilly. BTW, the big March show at Oaks is advertised as a 2,000 table show. I've gone up there the last few years and believe it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I like the Oaks show. It has a different character than Chantilly. BTW, the big March show at Oaks is advertised as a 2,000 table show. I've gone up there the last few years and believe it.

And they even have room for the Military Vehicle Displays. When all 3 building are full, it's a sight to behold.

I weep for Preston Jones!

Mr Nylon

Jul 28, 2017
    King of Prussia Gun Show

Hi. Where is the show in the town? And why do you weep for Preston Jones?
    He was my neighbor for years.

Ed

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Here is their web page.

http://www.eagleshows.com/

I weep for Preston because I know he would be upset with the way his gun shows have become. He was a great guy once you got to know him. We had a lot of good laughs at the shows. My 2 oldest sons grew up going to his shows.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We've never been to that show.
    What's the "driving to" & "parking at" situation like?
    I suppose it depends on how long you linger at each table (we do the Chantilly show in about 4 hours) but can you get through it all in one day?
    Finally, what's the jerky factor? I.e.: ratio of tables with jerky, t shirts, & other non gun related to gun related stuff?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We've never been to that show.
    What's the "driving to" & "parking at" situation like?
    I suppose it depends on how long you linger at each table (we do the Chantilly show in about 4 hours) but can you get through it all in one day?
    Finally, what's the jerky factor? I.e.: ratio of tables with jerky, t shirts, & other non gun related to gun related stuff?

Driving to isn't too bad. Just look up the King of Prussia area. That will give you a ball park on the drive. Parking isn't a problem. This show is held at a very large complex with appropriate parking. As far as how long to walk through, it really depends on what you're looking for. I would expect the first time visitor to this 1000 table show will be about 3-4 hours. That's looking at every table and having a stroll through the building. What I used to do before my knee issues is to blast through looking for those things you came for or can't leave without. Then I would walk through again looking more closely for things that I may have interest in. As for the non-gun related tables, I'd say you will have maybe10-15 vendors selling their goods. But it's the kind of stuff you either just look over or think, hey maybe I need that. It's really not that bad at all.

*****FOOD ALERT*****

Do not eat their food. It's not that good and EXPENSIVE. If you need a quick energy boost, buy a pretzel and a drink. Those are the only safe thing to eat in my opinion.

Remember, this is the small show. They have 2 gangbuster shows throughout the year, but this isn't one of them. They will have another show in October with 1500 tables.

I hope anyone going for their first time enjoys themselves. It looks like I'm going to be stuck in Maryland for family activities this weekend. I was really looking forward to making this one. But if I'm going to miss one, I'd rather it be this one and not the October show.

Good luck to everyone!

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Driving to isn't too bad. Just look up the King of Prussia area. That will give you a ball park on the drive. Parking isn't a problem. This show is held at a very large complex with appropriate parking. As far as how long to walk through, it really depends on what you're looking for. I would expect the first time visitor to this 1000 table show will be about 3-4 hours. That's looking at every table and having a stroll through the building. What I used to do before my knee issues is to blast through looking for those things you came for or can't leave without. Then I would walk through again looking more closely for things that I may have interest in. As for the non-gun related tables, I'd say you will have maybe10-15 vendors selling their goods. But it's the kind of stuff you either just look over or think, hey maybe I need that. It's really not that bad at all.

*****FOOD ALERT*****

Do not eat their food. It's not that good and EXPENSIVE. If you need a quick energy boost, buy a pretzel and a drink. Those are the only safe thing to eat in my opinion.

Remember, this is the small show. They have 2 gangbuster shows throughout the year, but this isn't one of them. They will have another show in October with 1500 tables.

I hope anyone going for their first time enjoys themselves. It looks like I'm going to be stuck in Maryland for family activities this weekend. I was really looking forward to making this one. But if I'm going to miss one, I'd rather it be this one and not the October show.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey thanks for the report. We'll have to try and make a trip to one of these shows.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Don't eat expo center food! You'll be in Philly for crying out loud. Have a cheesesteak, or some other sandwich. Don't bother with Subway or another chain, because Philly is one heck of a sandwich town.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't eat expo center food! You'll be in Philly for crying out loud. Have a cheesesteak, or some other sandwich. Don't bother with Subway or another chain, because Philly is one heck of a sandwich town.

Not close enough to Philadelphia for the drive. King of Prussia has a lot of good restaurants. Not going to get into sandwich selections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom