• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Well bought a kayak , hunted ducks from it fun stuff. I foresee using it a lot . Ascend H10, Very happy with it so far. Just really got back into hunting thanks to the persistence of my sons. Lost farm / health reason pretty much stopped . It’s not as easy as it used to be , it’s a struggle but guys I am so happy and feel alive again. In the field all the crap going on In the world is non existent at least for awhile. Anyway question of the day, son and I where talking . Flocked or not decoys what do you use and why .i sold all mine few years ago but find myself buying new ones . I sure wish I still had my goose decoys and layout blind . curios about others . I like flocked just seem more natural . What ya think.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I have been real happy with the avian-x line without flocked heads and the dakota mallard decoys with flocked heads. The fully flocked decoys and even the ones with just the heads you need to be careful with especially if you hunt in the mud like I do. They also don't do well with rough service. Make sure you get a good slotted decoy bag to extend there usable life.

Attachments

• 1-12 hunt 3.jpg
      1-12 hunt 3.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 244
    • 20171021_094018.jpg
      20171021_094018.jpg
      196.9 KB · Views: 238
    • 20181229_071117.jpg
      20181229_071117.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 235

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    So, congrats, Its a great way to get to place you might not have before.

But did you invest in proper protective gear? A dry suit or waist waders and a dry top?

It's super easy to go swimming while hunting in a kayak.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Been wearing neoprene chest waiters , I’ve had to hunt wood ducks. Life jacket , yes I do wear it . Square float cushion . Kayak is very stable , pontoon hull. But I am still wary of it tipping . Have a nice Jon boat but no way to tow it these days . Everyone talks about fishing , huh . I bought that strictly for duck hunting. Not one to take chances anymore heard to many stories about kayaks.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I started with some Hardcore decoys they are inexpensive but did the job. Then I got some Red Head full body guys and now I have some Avian X. The problem with the avian x is they were 100 bucks for 6 of them but they look great. I still use them all and they all do the job. I use both a single slot bag and the mesh bag, the problem with the single slot bag is it takes up so much space. They mesh bag floats and the single bag doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom