• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Headed to CMP soon. I worry about condition considering the tropical climate.

"Gina Brummett Johnson: Charles Baker just to clarify...CMP will be receiving the rifles once the Philippines prepares them for shipment. CMP only has to pay the transportation cost of getting these rifles back as they have with every other shipment sent to us. We do not know when these rifles will be shipped back, but they have been approved. There are 86,000 not 94,000."

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Might have to mess with the paperwork. So why are we getting Philipino Garands but couldn't get the S. Korean?

Wonder if anything else is coming back?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Might have to mess with the paperwork. So why are we getting Philipino Garands but couldn't get the S. Korean?

Hey, until November 9th we weren't sure we'd ever get any more Garands at all.

I'll be keeping tuned. Would love to own a Garand.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yes I wouldn't mind getting a really good Garand shooter. I have a all correct H&R but given prices that one is becoming more of a collector (occasional shooter).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The grammar police would like to remind everyone that it is spelled Filipino. Philippines refers to the country, Filipino refers to being of the country.

church-lady.png

And yes, I am getting one too. :) TIA.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The grammar police would like to remind everyone that it is spelled Filipino. Philippines refers to the country, Filipino refers to being of the country.

church-lady.png

And yes, I am getting one too. :) TIA.

Thanks for the correction!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Filipino garands are returned rifles loaned to the country. Neighbor returning borrowed tools.

S.Korea wants to sell the guns some of which are in dispute as to if they were originally sold or only lent to the country. Need a license to sell which is what Obama and the Democrats blocked.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    86,000 sounds like a lot but remember the CMP has over 250,000 registered customers.

CMP paperwork and requirements are not that hard to deal with. I always thought the same thing and kept putting it off. I managed to put it off until all the '03 Springfields were gone, the Enfields were gone, the carbines were gone, and most of the .22 trainers were gone, and missed the best deals on Garands. If you want one don't keep putting it off.

Here is a link to the CMP eligibility requirements:
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Let me point out some of the easy ways to meet eligibility:

Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization:
    There are probably 100 or more clubs in Maryland that are affiliated with the CMP including MD State Rifle and Pistol Assoc. (cost$30). Other affiliates include Congressionally chartered veterans' organizations such as the VFW, AL, DAV, MCL, etc. U.S. Military services (active or reserves), National Guard, to include retirees. Professional 501(c)3 law enforcement organizations and associations such as the FOP, NAPO, NSA, etc. In addition there are clubs you can join on line some for as little as $25.00.

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity:
    Not required if over 60. Former Military service a DD214 works. An HQL (74,000 Marylanders have this). Hunter safety training. Certification from range or club official, it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns.

The rest is mostly regular buying firearms stuff. Here is a link to the ordering information page which answers a lot of questions: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/ordering-information/

Here is the CMP Sales main page with links to the other sales pages:
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Well this could be a serious stampede, depending on overall condition of the lot. Would be curious as to how they were maintained and stored. Here's to hoping everyone gets what they want!

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I don't hold much hope for the condition. Wouldn't b surprise if lots are stripped for parts. I could go for a bare reciever or two though.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I don't hold much hope for the condition. Wouldn't b surprise if lots are stripped for parts. I could go for a bare reciever or two though.

I tend to agree, most old firearms I've seen from the Philippines have been in poor condition due to climate and heavy use. But who knows, maybe they found a stash of good condition ones that had been properly stored.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Poor condition is always a concern. If nothing else the CMP will be well stocked with parts to rebuild and they can pump out specials for a while. Mad at myself for not grabbing a Winchester when they had them but I honestly didnt think I get an IHC. Now that I do the lack of a Winny is frustrating. Then again had I known in the beginning they are like potato chips and the need to own more than one....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom