• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 3, 2017
    Hello,

Just wanted to stop by to say hi. This forum is such a great resource for MD area firearms info.

My wife and I were looking at this beautiful house in Kent County and last week put in an offer that was accepted. But, I just now called to cancel everything because of what I've read here and confirmed with calls to MSP, local dealers, and even to a manufacturer.

I own two Glocks and a Diamondback AR-15. The AR I just bought myself for my birthday on my wife's strong recommendation to splurge. I haven't even shot it yet! Now, I've learned it's banned if I moved to MD. And my Delaware CCW permit and concealed carry holster can be thrown in the trash. Sure, I can convert the AR to some wacky HBAR or SBR spec, if I cared enough. This is all just too burdensome. I don't feel like risking jail time over some technicality because of vaguely worded legislation.

Thank you for helping inform me to prevent a major mistake that I'd feel resentful about had I continued. No, MD's crazy gun laws weren't the only reason, but it was the last straw.

For now, I'm staying in Delaware.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Welcome!

Unless something compelled me to leave DE for MD, I'd stay put.

I live about 3 miles from the DE line and it kills me.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Welcome! You are better off in Delaware, trust me. I know several people who have moved from Maryland to Delaware, can't say I know any who went to Maryland from Delaware.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    How do you simply call and cancel a real estate transaction? I'm assuming you're walking away from your deposit. If I were the seller, I'd keep it.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Maryland only wants liberals and the like. Im pretty sure they could care less about people who think like you not moving here, as well as people leaving. they are trying to turn this state into California.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You made the correct choice IMHO. Even living on the shore or in western Maryland any county is still dictated to by our DC Beltway Overlords in the GA. They have enough votes (albeit many of them illegal) to dominate the House in numbers and have rigged the Senate so the moderate counties now have no way to say no to them either.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think MD gives your a short time frame to cancel an offer without penaly. One of our mortgage or real estate moguls can clarify.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If your AR was the only issue, that would be fixable. But if you care about carry, absolutely stay in DE.

But MSI doesn't discriminate. Members ( and donations to the Legal Action fund ) are welcome from everywhere. Maryland is a 2A battleground state, fighting issues that have national impact. Just like Cali, Ill, and a cpl others, Maryland 2A groups are worthy of, and in need of support of gunowners everywhere.

Support MSI, Support Cal Guns Foundation, Support ILGO.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If your AR was the only issue, that would be fixable. But if you care about carry, absolutely stay in DE.

But MSI doesn't discriminate. Members ( and donations to the Legal Action fund ) are welcome from everywhere. Maryland is a 2A battleground state, fighting issues that have national impact. Just like Cali, Ill, and a cpl others, Maryland 2A groups are worthy of, and in need of support of gunowners everywhere.

Support MSI, Support Cal Guns Foundation, Support ILGO.

This.

And Welcome to MDS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom