• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I believe that Semi auto's may go the route of Machine guns Back in the 20's and 30's with prohibition Crime was out of control Now with MG'S registered and taxed only 1 crime has been committed with a legally owned MG It really is all about control Take away the SA's then shotguns etc, until we are subjects of the USA and not Free Americans
    People are going to hate me for saying this, but given the choice, I'd prefer "modern sporting rifles" to go the NFA/Title II open registry route over a total federal ban. A couple hundred bucks and a few months of waiting beats "never ever". (Also, I just saw the WaPo call them "modern rifles" on the front of their website - amazing!)

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    A few months? The last NFA transfer I did took 10 months just waiting on ATF. After a month with MSP.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    People are going to hate me for saying this, but given the choice, I'd prefer "modern sporting rifles" to go the NFA/Title II open registry route over a total federal ban. A couple hundred bucks and a few months of waiting beats "never ever". (Also, I just saw the WaPo call them "modern rifles" on the front of their website - amazing!)

Given the alternatives maybe, but I'd much rather we just fight this one back.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

Maybe next time you can apply, pay a tax and wait almost a year for your freedom of speech.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Maybe next time you can apply, pay a tax and wait almost a year for your freedom of speech.
    As I said: given the choice between two unpalatable alternatives, I chose one. I'd rather prefer not having to make that kind of choice to begin with.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Not to mention the assault weapons ban in Connecticut, the state where this shooting took place. Why is no one on the news pointing this out???????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Was wondering that too and have not heard it mentioned once in print or on the air

Not to mention gun laws so strict that a lot of dealers in Connecticut won't even let you handle a handgun at the counter until you've gotten your photo ID permit after taking the class and being approved by the state police.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

I can see your point and I'm not angry by it. I would submit for consideration though that if it got to that point it would perhaps just be delaying a ban and/or confiscation.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    There's a silver lining: Miller, Busch, and O'Malley aren't endorsing this at the moment. Obviously, that is subject to change, but I get the sense that the ruling triumvirate isn't especially enthusiastic about gun control. I feel confident that if we dig in and fight the good fight, we can beat the gungrabbers. There's still time before the session for the emotional outbursts to die down. If we do our homework and let the legislators know thag there are indeed gun owners in Maryland, we can win.

Instead of panic buying overpriced magazines, consider donating that money to MSI. I'm hoping that the NRA decides to make the 45 minute drive here, but I get the feeling that we're going to be on our own as usual. Get ready, but stay optimistic.

sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    Haha good luck with that. I suspect everyone would lose their firearms in a boating accident soon after. Or they were stolen. You get the idea...

Wouldn't they need a warrant to search everyone's house? How quickly could this be done with the manpower they have? This just seems like a logistical nightmare.

I would guess that any ban would affect future purchases and not past one.

I watched some of the youtube videos of people having their firearms confiscated after Katrina. Pretty scary to watch. I don't recall any of the "confiscators" saying they had a warrant. In one case a gentlemen asked one of the officers for a receipt and was basically told no. Honestly...that was very disconcerting to me to watch people I respect, LEO’s and National Guardsmen, disarm honest citizens while at the same time not affording them protection from looters and other "fine upstanding" citizens. I really don't want to put on the tin foil hat but man...after watching those videos...sheesh.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    The liberal democrats create their own problems when it comes to firearms regardless of the type. I have witnessed way too many times first hand where a repeat offender (career criminal) gets charged with a firearm crime. When their day comes in court the bleeding heart liberal judges that were put on the bench by the bleeding heart liberal politicians just gives a typical slap on the wrist. It's like some of these judges are just writing out a permission slip for the criminals to continue their ways. How about they throw out the book on recommended guidelines and hammer those that commit the firearm crimes with a mandatory sentence and no less. I have yet to see a law abiding firearm owner in court for firearm violations. Not that it hasn't happened elsewhere, but it is very rare. This is just a viscious revolving door of the inadequacies of some of our elected and appointed officials/judges. I'm not saying that all judges are liberal, because trust me there are quite a few that do drop the hammer on repeat and violent offenders. Unfortunately, they are few and far between in this democrat controlled state.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    So Frosh is having a news conference this week announcing his plans - I'm guessing it will be as extreme as most of us fear it will be - 10 round magazines, a ban on anything that remotely resembles an AR 15 and I'm guessing they will want to limit ammo sales to fmj only. Who knows.

The hold time at LaRue is 30 minutes right now, and midway has a 5 month waiting list for pmags.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So Frosh is having a news conference this week announcing his plans - I'm guessing it will be as extreme as most of us fear it will be - 10 round magazines, a ban on anything that remotely resembles an AR 15 and I'm guessing they will want to limit ammo sales to fmj only. Who knows.

The hold time at LaRue is 30 minutes right now, and midway has a 5 month waiting list for pmags.

Good. Let him tip his hand so we will have an extra month to prepare.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If these twits were serious, they would shut their mouths. I'd bet that 50% or more of the EBRs sold are being bought in response to this sort of silly legislation.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    If these twits were serious, they would shut their mouths. I'd bet that 50% or more of the EBRs sold are being bought in response to this sort of silly legislation.
    SG Ammo online...started the day with 104 cases of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 1000 round cases.

As of now, 16. You do the math.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The Setting Sun reports today that O'Malley wants to introduce a gun control package. In particular, evil black rifles are the target of his ire. Not good.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    SG Ammo online...started the day with 104 cases of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 1000 round cases.

As of now, 16. You do the math.
    Update: Sold out.

That was 104 cases sold in about 6~7 hours. Doesn't the FBI and other alphabet soup agencies order some 100+k rounds on a contract? Yikes.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Yes, it was great when they knocked down the AWBs in Cali and NY. Right?

I don't think a general ban on semi-auto centerfire rifles would ever pass judicial scrutiny. But I would not be so quick to assume an AWB would not.

Was the Clinton AWB challenged in the courts? If so it was not successful.
    An AWB Ban on sales is now being written in the Congress for the legislative process..

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Was the Clinton AWB challenged in the courts? If so it was not successful.
    An AWB Ban on sales is now being written in the Congress for the legislative process..

The 2nd Amendment was not established as an individual fundamental right until the Heller ruling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom