• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I tried to order a simple AR muzzle brake for a current build. Cheaper than Dirt refused to send it to me.
    opplanet-tacfire-223-556-1-2inx28-thread-shark-muzzle-brake-w-crush-washer-mz1004ss-main.jpg

Below is what I ran into and was the chat with live operator this morning.....

[1ceman] I got a message "Because of restrictions imposed by local laws, some of the items in your cart cannot be shipped to your current shipping address. Please remove the restricted items from your order or enter a different shipping address.
    TacFire .223/5.56 12"X28 Shark Style Muzzle Brake Stainless MZ1004SS"

After doing research, and discussing this with 2 NRA instructors and attorney, there is no restriction on muzzle brakes in my local area. Let me know if you are to update your database or do I need to take all my other business elsewhere?

[Rosalyn] Welcome to Cheaper Than Dirt! Customer Service. My name is Rosalyn.
    [1ceman] Mechanicsville, Md 20659
    [Rosalyn] Hello.
    [Rosalyn] Our company chooses not to send certain items to some areas due to high legal risk, so the item may not be restricted there, however it is listed as restricted on our web site because we at this time either choose not or can not ship the item there.
    [1ceman] Since your company consider legal areas to be High risk, Not only will I take this purchase else where, but ALL of my future business. I will put you on the refuse to shop at list with Dicks, and Starbucks.
    [Rosalyn] I am sorry you feel this way .
    [Rosalyn] Is there anything else I can help you with?
    [1ceman] Thank you for clarification,
    [Rosalyn] Thanks for using Cheaper Than Dirt! Online Chat. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance. If you haven't already, please sign up for our latest cheap deals: CLICK HERE to join our Email list!

Since trying to make this order last night, I was able to find the item $9 cheaper at Optics Planet.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Why would you even order from them? They tried to screw all gun owners during the panic. I wouldn't give them a dime if they were the only online shop left.

Example:

Attachments

• CTD-Mag-e1359051017607.jpg
      CTD-Mag-e1359051017607.jpg
      29.6 KB · Views: 870
    I have posted this before, but here it goes again...
    A day or 2 before Sandy Hook, I ordered 1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for ~$200. The day Sandy Hook happened, they cancelled my order due to it being "out of stock". A few hours later, the identical item was listed, but for $450 or $500.
    I will change my hobby to stamp collecting before dealing with them again.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Stay away from Optics Planet too. There’s another thread on this somewhere (too lazy to look it up). I’m now 27 days into waiting for scope rings that were stated as being “in stock” the day I ordered them, now their site says “estimated to ship in 9-20 days”. Still hasn’t shipped, and absolutely ZERO contact from Optics Planet. I’ve emailed multiple times with no reply.

Just ordered these rings from Mile High Shooting and they shipped today. Going to call OP and cancel the order. This isn’t the first issue I’ve had with them, and plus they keep selling my email to scumbag spammers. I get hammered by spam immediately after every OP purchase. I’m done.

Last edited:
    Stay away from Optics Plane too. There’s another thread on this somewhere (too lazy to look it up). I’m now 27 days into waiting for scope rings that were stated as being “in stock” the day I ordered them, now their site says “estimated to ship in 9-20 days”. Still hasn’t shipped, and absolutely ZERO contact from Optics Planet. I’ve emailed multiple times with no reply.

Just ordered these rings from Mile High Shooting and they shipped today. Going to call OP and cancel the order. This isn’t the first issue I’ve had with them, and plus they keep selling my email to scumbag spammers. I get hammered by spam immediately after every OP purchase. I’m done.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. The timing of tons of email was too coincidental.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I can’t say anything personally about optics planet but cheaper than dirt has been no friend of gun owners and has been ripping us off for years.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Stay away from Optics Planet too. There’s another thread on this somewhere (too lazy to look it up). I’m now 27 days into waiting for scope rings that were stated as being “in stock” the day I ordered them, now their site says “estimated to ship in 9-20 days”. Still hasn’t shipped, and absolutely ZERO contact from Optics Planet. I’ve emailed multiple times with no reply.

Did you click on the Check Availability link next to the time?

I ordered something that was In Stock, but when I clicked on the link, it said 20 - 29 days. But I don't need it right away, and there was the 10% posted in the Water Cooler. So I ordered. The first email stated they were getting my order together to ship. Seems like boiler plate.

A short while later, I got another email that states shipment will be 20 - 28 days.

jonb219

Oct 17, 2013
    Falling Waters, WV

^This. Stay away from Optics Planet as well. I've had the same experience multiple times there. Dealing with them is not worth the aggravation.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Did you click on the Check Availability link next to the time?

I ordered something that was In Stock, but when I clicked on the link, it said 20 - 29 days. But I don't need it right away, and there was the 10% posted in the Water Cooler. So I ordered. The first email stated they were getting my order together to ship. Seems like boiler plate.

A short while later, I got another email that states shipment will be 20 - 28 days.
    When I ordered, it said “6 in stock, order now”. 3 days later after no email notice of shipping I checked and it then said “check availability”, which was 9-14 days ago. These dates have changed repeatedly, and btw I’m now about 28 days from when I ordered. You say you received an email notifying you about the backorder, to date (28 days into this) I’ve still received zip from them. Two emails to customer support are still not responded to.

I found my rings at Mile High Shooting Club, going to call OP today to cancel the order. Not even going to give them any grief, just done with them. That is after I make them remove my email from their Super Spam list (f-ing jerks with that).

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Why would you even order from them? They tried to screw all gun owners during the panic. I wouldn't give them a dime if they were the only online shop left.

Example:

It's been stated before but ^^THIS. As well, they are not cheaper than dirt.....

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    They are a business, they sell a product. You live in a state where it is perfectly legal to mail order that product.
    They refused you service. Sue them,,, or does that only apply to Christian cake bakers??

b_cabbell

Jan 9, 2019
    Hughesville
    Wow i can understand if it was a fine line reason but thats sketchy and then all the stories of CTD. I didnt know thise and they are always popping up whwn searching for stuff, glad to have read this before making purchases there

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I tried to order a simple AR muzzle brake for a current build. Cheaper than Dirt refused to send it to me.

I've run into the same problem with Palmetto State Armory too. Once ordered an AR complete lower and they cancelled it. Also had a completed AR10 order cancelled by them. I was told it was company policy not to ship certain items to MD.

What's funny is they sent me a complete AR10 kit and a stripped lower for less than they wanted for the completed rifle. I spent a couple hours assembling it but saved $100. Thanks for the crazy policy PSA!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    CTD and Optics Planet are both on my personal "no buy" list. They've earned it. Plenty of other guys to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom