• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I wonder if WF is not still smarting from all that fraudulent activity a few years back? They probably can not afford, right now, to turn down such a high volume of good business...almost a half billion dollars since 2012 to one industry.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    With piss poor service, piss poor marketing attitude I would love to change my dad’s banking in a heartbeat if only he didn’t have his military retirement, social security and another monthly income being directly deposited with WFB. I have POA over all his activities since he is in a VA nursing home but it seems that each entity has its own requirement concerning POAs.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Wells Fargo is known to be anti gun! Had that conversation with them years ago. My wife had one of our accounts there and we closed it due to their anti gun positions!

Can you be more specific? Any chance you may be mistaken, may want to reconsider OR that you spoke with someone who wasn’t actually or accurately espousing WF’s actual position(s)?

I mean! How Do You Explain THIS ...

NEWS: Wells Fargo Continues To Support Gun Manufacturers, NRA

Despite other banks discontinuing support of gun manufactures, Wells Fargo & Co. is standing their ground and holding onto their ties to firearm companies and the National Rifle Association.

Sh*t, wait, THERE’s MORE! “Unlike Wells Fargo, a number of big banks, including Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co., said they would reduce ties to gunmakers after the February mass shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school that left 17 dead. Wells Fargo also has a long relationship with the National Rifle Association, offering credit and operating its primary bank accounts.”

Source: https://www.getzone.com/news-wells-...EIL2D8BO9K&trk_sid=R5BPHITD7CPFCEMOCMT0JA1QU8

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wonder if WF is not still smarting from all that fraudulent activity a few years back? They probably can not afford, right now, to turn down such a high volume of good business...almost a half billion dollars since 2012 to one industry.

I was just reading an article on that. It is "dunno". Keeps being one fiasco after another coming out about how they created fake accounts, seized cars that didn't belong to them, etc.

Half a billion is a drop in the tea cup even for them. They've got something like 1.3 trillion in deposits. That said, IIRC the article said their commercial deposits were up slightly, but consumer deposits were down about 2% and there is a very good indication total deposits may end up slipping 7-10% over the next couple of years as people are sick and tired of how WF has basically F-ed over so many of their customers.

How some of the C level execs aren't in jail...

Well actually I know why, but it still makes me sad about the state of our country.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

Can you be more specific? Any chance you may be mistaken, may want to reconsider OR that you spoke with someone who wasn’t actually or accurately espousing WF’s actual position(s)?

I mean! How Do You Explain THIS ...

NEWS: Wells Fargo Continues To Support Gun Manufacturers, NRA

Despite other banks discontinuing support of gun manufactures, Wells Fargo & Co. is standing their ground and holding onto their ties to firearm companies and the National Rifle Association.

Sh*t, wait, THERE’s MORE! “Unlike Wells Fargo, a number of big banks, including Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co., said they would reduce ties to gunmakers after the February mass shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school that left 17 dead. Wells Fargo also has a long relationship with the National Rifle Association, offering credit and operating its primary bank accounts.”

Source: https://www.getzone.com/news-wells-...EIL2D8BO9K&trk_sid=R5BPHITD7CPFCEMOCMT0JA1QU8

See post #8. It was the bank manager who told us that they were anti-2A. He was pretty clear about it!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    See post #8. It was the bank manager who told us that they were anti-2A. He was pretty clear about it!

I think they are.

We seem to have very short memories around here. I know it was posted on MDS but I cannot find it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.t...refused-business-due-weapons-manufacture/amp/

8f19d3d9bee5a1b0ca034f09284a681c.png

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Wells Fargo is in trouble anyway. They are still trying to recover after horrible abuses on their customers, to include an insurance scam revealed this month as well as the account fraud admitted a couple years ago. I have both business and personal accounts with Wells Fargo. I've never been one of their victims, but I have been notified several times about corrective measures.

My reason for mentioning this is that I believe they are really trying to rebuild their reputation. This means the things you may have heard years ago about them might no longer apply. I think the term "under new management" is a good way to describe them. If you see positive things, such as the NRA article, perhaps the benefit of the doubt should be given. I've been quite happy with their banking services over the years, so as banks go, you can definitely do worse!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Wells Fargo is in trouble anyway. They are still trying to recover after horrible abuses on their customers, to include an insurance scam revealed this month as well as the account fraud admitted a couple years ago. I have both business and personal accounts with Wells Fargo. I've never been one of their victims, but I have been notified several times about corrective measures.

My reason for mentioning this is that I believe they are really trying to rebuild their reputation. This means the things you may have heard years ago about them might no longer apply. I think the term "under new management" is a good way to describe them. If you see positive things, such as the NRA article, perhaps the benefit of the doubt should be given. I've been quite happy with their banking services over the years, so as banks go, you can definitely do worse!
    Good post on the topic. :thumbsup:

And with the current level of pressure from the anti 2A groups making it difficult to find banks that aren’t dumping us... I won’t be rushing out to close any accounts with WF. Jumping out of a moving car right in front of a freight train is not a great way to stay safe.

The NRA endorsement is an important part of the decision making process. The fact that WF is resisting MADMOMS etal., is another piece of that pie.

I would not put it past a few anti gun managers to state that the WFB is anti gun... for their own reasons. They should be reported to WFB Corporate for their statement and see how long they remain in management.

I know that the local WFB is not anti... a member’s wife works there. And the manager has shown no indication of any such attitude.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The scary part is all of the gun manufacturers putting all of their eggs in one basket (Wells Fargo). I applaud their stance but nobody knows what the future holds. All it takes is pressure from the anti's and a spineless jellyfish in charge of the money to make that safe space for gun manufacturers disappear.

Nature abhors a vacuum especially where there is money to be made. If there is suddenly a a dearth of banks loaning money to firearm manufacturers or the NRA you'll see the space filled quickly enough.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    WTH is going on with Wells Fargo, of late?

TWICE THIS WEEK their online banking system has completely CRASHED — even better, when you call, the recording basically states, “Even if you’re crazy enough to stay on hold for the average 30-minutes it’s gonna take for a rep. to take your call — REP.s and TELLERS CANNOT ACCESS ANY ACCOUNT INFO at this time!”

Today, this started at 6:30am and, as of 12:40 EST their system STILL WILL NOT ALLOW any transfers or even basic bill pays!!!

Freaking krazee!!!

Rant over!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    They had a fire at a major data center in MN today. Effects included ATM and online access.

Yup. Details on “the fire” from IN article. Today was 2nd time this week so, am wondering what 1st time was all about. Today appears to have been from at least 0630 until 1630, depending upon what kind of transaction one needed to complete. Krazee.

Wells Fargo system outage takes out website, app, ATMs offline
    The Wells Fargo Advisors website appears online, but customers report being unable to access funds
    : https://www.investmentnews.com/arti...f9c7c8331053491de70b57dc688e9c@investmentnews

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Yup. Details on “the fire” from IN article. Today was 2nd time this week so, am wondering what 1st time was all about. Today appears to have been from at least 0630 until 1630, depending upon what kind of transaction one needed to complete. Krazee.

Mebee' they are just trying to keep warm up dere' in Minnesnowta'... doncha' know dere'. :)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hey, I once had a pile of equipment running in a professional run datacenter. An electrical subcontractor hosed something while working on an automatic transfer switch, and there was a non-trivial explosion and fire. All of the normal redundancies were toast because it happened so close to the datacenter floor. That was a really, really bad day for my business. As it happens, I'm relocating my rig to a brand spanking new datacenter in Ashburn this month (there will be no sleep for me in February!). Got a lengthy tour of their fire suppression systems and many layers of electrical and data redundancy. Things have evolved a lot, just in the last 10 years. Banks, especially the size of WF, shouldn't be in such bad shape when one datacenter goes tango uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom