• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Then adding the American bullet guide , American furniture and trigger assembly should bring it to 922r therefore making it compliant
    Or so I thought

Well, not so much that I think.

I recall the words "sportin' configuration" used with these, so if ya lose the butthole stock and replace it with a standard pistol grip, it wouldn't be eligible for US import no more.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Then adding the American bullet guide , American furniture and trigger assembly should bring it to 922r therefore making it compliant
    Or so I thought

I think the confusion lies between state and federal law, 922r. To remain MARYLAND compliant, I believe the rifle has to remain in the AS IMPORTED, SPORTER configuration. The person asking about changing the furniture lives in Virginia, and the MD requirement doesn't apply to keeping it in it's unaltered configuration, but 922r rules apply toward changing up the rifle.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I think the confusion lies between state and federal law, 922r. To remain MARYLAND compliant, I believe the rifle has to remain in the AS IMPORTED, SPORTER configuration. The person asking about changing the furniture lives in Virginia, and the MD requirement doesn't apply to keeping it in it's unaltered configuration, but 922r rules apply toward changing up the rifle.

Precisely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom