• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    This crap again. Let's get the facts straight.

No one told you to be quiet little timid deer.

The message was to not act like ****ing idiots, coming in dressed up like rednecks from east bumble**** with confederate flags on and ranting and raving non-sensical dribble.

Why is that so hard to understand?

zackly!!

That is one of the main reasons we haven't gotten any further than we have, IMO. People insisting on their way and tugging the centipede's legs in 100 different directions, rather than working together to make any progress forward.

If people want an organization--ANY organization--to work for them, then they have 2 options. Join and contribute (and maybe gain some influence), or GTF out of the way and let them do their jobs.

We will make more "noise" as thousands of similar voices, than we will getting ignored as rogue idiots looking like we have no clue.

I do want to point out one thing on this...the original version of 281 was EPIC-LY worse (is that even a word, lol) and thanks to all of you, the efforts of Delegate Mike Smigiel, Senator EJ Pipkin, the NRA, MSI, MSRPA and craptons of individuals we made it different. I still hate it but OMG, it would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. Please, do not underestimate the impact of a thousand voices lifted as one. It's easy to sit and complain about what we have NOW but still easier to forget what COULD have been.

We all did effect some solid change and think about allllll of the people-legislators and citizens alike who we educated along the way. We didn't get what we wanted (dead bill) but we did effect real change. Please do not go quietly into that good night, y'all!

:thumbsup:

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I am not the one who keeps bringing it back up

You were the one that chided MANY people for being one issue voters and not knowing the horrible person Mike is. Turns out you are a one issue advocator, and your one issue is you didn't get to stand in a spot. Yep, that trumps 2A.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Wow, this thread appears to be a great emotional vent and outlet. Good for that.

As to Del. Smegiel, I hope he uses this opportunity to advance as a professional 2A advocate, unfettered by the limitations imposed upon a MGA Delegate, to the next tier.

I'd love to see him go to work with the SAF, NRA, JPFO, or other advocacy group as a "Community Organizer," (lol) or advocate. He certainly organized this community.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I do want to point out one thing on this...the original version of 281 was EPIC-LY worse (is that even a word, lol) and thanks to all of you, the efforts of Delegate Mike Smigiel, Senator EJ Pipkin, the NRA, MSI, MSRPA and craptons of individuals we made it different. I still hate it but OMG, it would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. Please, do not underestimate the impact of a thousand voices lifted as one. It's easy to sit and complain about what we have NOW but still easier to forget what COULD have been.

We all did effect some solid change and think about allllll of the people-legislators and citizens alike who we educated along the way. We didn't get what we wanted (dead bill) but we did effect real change. Please do not go quietly into that good night, y'all!

This is very true. Remember, the original SB281 required mandatory registration of all firearms, failure to comply was a felony.

They didn't get us in one shot, but unfortunately no one wants to fight.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    You were the one that chided MANY people for being one issue voters and not knowing the horrible person Mike is. Turns out you are a one issue advocator, and your one issue is you didn't get to stand in a spot. Yep, that trumps 2A.

LOL , you keep harping on the grass . That was used as an example that he only "defended" the 2A . Here's a thought look at the articles I posted then read the comments (hint look at the papers FB pages too) . You will see people of district 36 feel the same way as I do because we live here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom