• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    http://www.jgsales.com/-p-60085.html

Seems like a good deal. Wonder how that RPK receiver and barrel compares to the M10??

Also,
    Are the metal Korean mags offered there good?

snag that m70 NOW

the o-pap is the closest we can get to a real m70b1 since pre-ban mitchell's

Century finally got Zastava to fix the pap with this model

The barrel is heavier than the m10 but it is not chrome lined like all Yugo AK's. It will be very accurate for an AK

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    Does it come with a truck to carry it? It weighs 11 lbs! The M+M M10 is at least 4 lbs lighter and its chromed.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Does it come with a truck to carry it? It weighs 11 lbs! The M+M M10 is at least 4 lbs lighter and its chromed.

The m10 does not have a proper receiver (no dimples) the gas block/Front sight and RSB WILL be canted, 90% of Romanian AK's are out of spec, fixable but it's still a probelm

The O PAP will be a collector's item one day because it is as close as we can legally get to a factory built AK military variant...the m10 not so much

You don't need chrome lining, Id rather have it but the barrel is hammer forged

If 11lbs is too heavy for you to take the rifle from the car to the bench I suggest you hit the weights:rolleyes:

The m10 is nice if you can get it for 500, but its not in the same league as the O PAP. The best Romanian AK for 600 would be a used SAR-1

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011

There is no way this thing weights 11lbs. That must be the shipping weight.
    I have a milled receiver AK that weighs just under 8lbs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The m10 does not have a proper receiver (no dimples)
    Whatever. It has metal plates welded into it, so mags don't wobble. It's fine.

the gas block/Front sight and RSB WILL be canted, 90% of Romanian AK's are out of spec, fixable but it's still a probelm
    This has not been a persistent problem with M10s. I don't know what makes you think it is, but I've been following M10-related threads rather closely. They simply do not have the quality problems that the WASRs have... which makes sense, as they're a different production run with different parts.

The O PAP will be a collector's item one day because it is as close as we can legally get to a factory built AK military variant...the m10 not so much
    Actually, I'd argue some of the Arsenals are closer, but the M70 is a hell of a lot cheaper, and not too far off. Whether it's a collector's item or not has more to do with how many of them get in the country. My gut feeling is that it'll never be much more than the MAK-90 is now.

The only other problem with the O-PAPs is that they don't take standard AK furniture. That is a bit of an annoyance in the long-term if you like to mod your guns. Otherwise, I agree that this is a nice deal, and pretty much a sane price for what you get, even pre-2013.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Erwos, the dimples strengthen the weakest part of the receiver

Agree with you on Arsenal, didnt mean to imply the m70 is the only one out there thats close to its mil equiv.

And BTW, I had to fix the FSB/GB and RSB on my M10. Every romanian gun i've had with the exception of a wasr 10 (go figure) has had some type of cant that needed to be fixed.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Can someone explain the differences between the PAP, NPAP and OPAP? I've searched the AK Files and YouTube, but haven't turned up anything.

PAP- gen 1
    PAP N - gen 2
    O PAP- gen 3

The gen 1 has a single stack bolt and needs the feed ramp reworked, railed top cover (junk) no reason to buy one of these now.

The PAP N has the side rail and proper bolt but a standard receiver

the O PAP is basically a civilian M70B1N minus the grenade launcher/ night sights, this is the one you want. it has the bulged trunnion, proper bolt AND side rail

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Ship the mag to your Brother in DE. OR NO MAG

Roger. I understand some online dealers won't separate the shipments. Some won't ship at all to MD. And some won't ship magazines to other states if the cc billing address is MD. Just curious how J&G Sales is handling it on this firearm being purchased by a MD resident.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I just got off the phone with a rep from J&G. They will ship the mag seperately if you pay for shipping. They already have a note that no "assault weapons" are to be shipped to MD but he heard me out and looked into it more once I explained the situation. He said I was good to go, apologized for the confusion, and I placed my order.

This is my first time buying from them and so far I'm impressed :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom