• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    This thread needs more wood :D

Very nice wood Brian!!!

Here's mine. The wood is not as nice....but she's 75+ years old and has probably at times been ridden hard and put away wet. :)

Attachments

• TSMG.jpg
      TSMG.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 686

smg1231

Dec 15, 2012
    Ellicott City
    Nice.

Question though, did you remove the iron sights from the ACOG and then put a secondary optic on there?

I might be kind of in awe of that. :lol2:

That gun is chambered in 300 Blackout. The ACOG is zeroed for supersonic bullets, and the offset Aimpoint is zeroed for subsonics. It is much easier (for me) to use two optics with independent zeros instead of dialing a scope to account for the difference between supers and subs.

This particular ACOG did not come with irons https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA01LAW

Last edited:

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    That gun is chambered in 300 Blackout. The ACOG is zeroed for supersonic bullets, and the offset Aimpoint is zeroed for subsonics. It is much easier (for me) to use two optics with independent zeros instead of dialing a scope to account for the difference between supers and subs. [/url]
    Makes sense. ACOGs simple to adjust at the range, not so much in the field.

Had no idea they made one with sight bosses but no sights!

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Awww, gee. In all seriousness though please remember that I'm just an interested lay person here.

That said:

Correct. You are doing what ATF refers to as "making" a new firearm when you use an approved Form 1 to convert something from a Title I (non-NFA) firearm into a Title II (NFA) firearm.

In addition to that, it is my opinion (and that of MSP and ATF) that SBRs do fall under the rules in FSA2013. This is because they are still "Short Barreled Rifles. To use an AR SBR for an example, it is still a "semi-automatic centerfire rifle which is capable of accepting detachable magazines" and so it must pass all of the copycat tests in FSA2013, including the 29" rule, the feature test, etc.

This is why ATF will not currently approve a Form 1 for a Maryland resident for an AR which lists an OAL shorter than 29" - because MSP has told them that would be illegal here, as it would be a non-grandfathered (since you're making a new firearm when you complete it) "assault weapon" (because it fails the OAL test) and therefore banned. Likewise, if you wanted to make a new SBR post 10/1/13 that would fail the "evil feature" test (like having a flash hider and a folding stock) that would also be illegal.

If that's true, why is a full size AK 47 illegal in MD, but a SBR version of the same gun legal?

I was under the impression that in MD, a SBR was viewed as a pistol and therefore didn't have to comply with any of the rules rifles had to. Fed saw it as a rifle and MD saw it as a pistol. Obviously the overall length requirement goes against what I'm saying, but that's only because MD is retarded.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If that's true, why is a full size AK 47 illegal in MD, but a SBR version of the same gun legal?

An SBR is not a copycat of a banned firearm. Change out the barrel with to 16" or longer one and it will become one.

I was under the impression that in MD, a SBR was viewed as a pistol and therefore didn't have to comply with any of the rules rifles had to. Fed saw it as a rifle and MD saw it as a pistol. Obviously the overall length requirement goes against what I'm saying, but that's only because MD is retarded.

All the above is true. I guess there isn't a question in there. I guess the most unfortunate part of what you said in that Md regards SBRs as pistols.

AirCav73

Mar 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    Newest member of the family. Colt Commercial 1917 Model 1928 in U.S. Cal 30.

Attachments

• Colt Commerical 1917 Model 1928 U.S. Cal .30.jpg
      Colt Commerical 1917 Model 1928 U.S. Cal .30.jpg
      91.1 KB · Views: 597

AirCav73

Mar 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    I've only run 3 250rd belts thru it (30-06 is not cheap). It runs like a sewing machine (smooth feeding, slow and steady rate of fire). It is different shooting experience verses a M60 or M249. Kind of like comparing an MP40 to an MP5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom