• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    I believe only Forester makes it. The funny thing is Forester and most other gauge manufacturers mark the gauges improperly.

The .14636 GO by Forster and other Manufacturers are often labeled 5.56 GO or NATO GO.

The 1.4646 Forster gauge is marked .223 GO.

It's backwards!

The proper 5.56 or Wylde GO Is called the 1.4646 SPECIAL PURPOSE Gauge.

This is it through brownells:

Part # 100-010-713MB

5.56mm Colt Spec Go Gauge
    https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/nato-chamber-headspace-gages/

I found one in stock... Is this right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/nato-chamber-headspace-gages/

I found one in stock... Is this right?

No, that's the 1.4636. You want the 1.4646.

Only way you can get the 1.4646 is with a Forster 11 piece set or buying an individual gauge from brownells.

You may be able to call them and ask for the 1?4646, but in the past they wouldn't sell them to me and I was buying them in the 10 and 20 quantities.

I'm waiting for 8 of the 1.4646 gauges myself for gauge sets that I need to complete.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well then I guess I am stuck. Cause I am sure what is being delivered today is wrong then based on you new information. But I am going to double checking the marking on the actual tool when it gets here and go from there.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well then I guess I am stuck. Cause I am sure what is being delivered today is wrong then based on you new information. But I am going to double checking the marking on the actual tool when it gets here and go from there.

Is your gauges made by Forster or PTG?

PTG gauges I own, do not have the datum measurements engraved on the gauges. They just name and color them.

Forster engraves the datum info on the gauge.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    OK. I am right near PAX in Southern Maryland.

If you are down by Pax, I can give you a hand.

Not to undercut DA, but, I am about 20mins south of Pax and I have the same gauges.

Shoot me a PM and see what we can work out for time.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Not to undercut DA, but, I am about 20mins south of Pax and I have the same gauges.

No undercutting inferred or assumed. Glad somebody close to him offered up, to be able to give the OP another option on where to go.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018

OK perfect!

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Yes.

One is 1.4636 .223 GO (It's incorrectly labeled by Forster as 5.56 GO)

One is 1.4646 5.56 GO (It's incorrectly labeled by Forster as .223 GO)

One is 1.4736 .223 & 5.56 Field
    Hey couple of things!
    A few guys offered to loan me there headspace gauges, but seeing that I might be doing this a lot I think i might want my own and the right ones. Do yiu put a kit together that I can purchase from you?
    Also I got my H3 buffer installed and did not get to shoot yet but there should be a little help there right?
    Next I know that might be little help so I just might switch out the barrel but was looking of a recommendation on an 18" Ss barrel of course with a rifle length gas system!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey couple of things!
    A few guys offered to loan me there headspace gauges, but seeing that I might be doing this a lot I think i might want my own and the right ones. Do yiu put a kit together that I can purchase from you?
    Also I got my H3 buffer installed and did not get to shoot yet but there should be a little help there right?
    Next I know that might be little help so I just might switch out the barrel but was looking of a recommendation on an 18" Ss barrel of course with a rifle length gas system!

I do have a kit I can put together. I also can offer you them individually.

Be warned though it sometimes takes me 3-6 months to get the base gauges I use to make my kits/singles. The manufacturer is VERY slow.

I have a few fellas that have waited almost 6 months now for their sets from me. It's all because it takes so long for me to get the gauges.

These are the options I offer:

.223/5.56 Field Gauge (1.4736) $65.00 Shipped
    5.56 GO Gauge (1.4646) $65.00 Shipped
    .223 GO Gauge (1.4636) $65.00 Shipped

Complete 3 Piece Set (5.56 GO, .223 GO, and .223/5.56 Field) $200.00 Shipped

They are a massive pain in the ass to get and make, but I do it because they are not available in the commercial market.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180926-215028~2.jpg
      Screenshot_20180926-215028~2.jpg
      119.5 KB · Views: 81

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    I do have a kit I can put together. I also can offer you them individually.

Be warned though it sometimes takes me 3-6 months to get the base gauges I use to make my kits/singles. The manufacturer is VERY slow.

I have a few fellas that have waited almost 6 months now for their sets from me. It's all because it takes so long for me to get the gauges.

These are the options I offer:

.223/5.56 Field Gauge (1.4736) $65.00 Shipped

5.56 GO Gauge (1.4646) $65.00 Shipped

.223 GO Gauge (1.4636) $65.00 Shipped

Complete 3 Piece Set (5.56 GO, .223 GO, and .223/5.56 Field) $200.00 Shipped

They are a massive pain in the ass to get and make, but I do it because they are not available in the commercial market.
    Yes I would like to purchase all three. But just a little question how comes if I purchase all three together it's more than buying them individually. Lol!
    Also if I order now are you telling me that will take 3 months to get them cuz that's how hard they are to get in stock and so forth or do you have these now in stock and they would ship out right away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom