• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Running about 35% who have shot there. Not bad really considering population at large in Frederick area who have patronized a particular establishment, much less a shooting range.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Done....what about membership? if I remember it has a list and to get on it someone had to either leave or... Was a member of the MPC long time ago
    couldn't make the required meetings so membership stopped, remember, some
    of the members there, only reason I remember just found my old membership
    card.... anyway best of luck...

-Rock

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I went there a bunch growing up. I haven't been in a few years but have had a bunch of fun there.

Poll is now 268 (61.9%) No vs 165 (38.1%) Yes

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Done....what about membership? if I remember it has a list and to get on it someone had to either leave or... Was a member of the MPC long time ago
    couldn't make the required meetings so membership stopped, remember, some
    of the members there, only reason I remember just found my old membership
    card.... anyway best of luck...

-Rock

Cresap has always been hurting for members. One of the problems is that their public shooting hours used to be on Saturdays and Sundays from 10-3, but then they "claimed" members weren't getting to use the range, so they closed public hours for Saturdays. The real issue is that their membership is capped at 60 members, but they didn't have near enough members to do the Saturday and Sunday public hours, as membership started to dwindle. Another issue is that members of Cresap generally don't stay at Cresap for a long time, like members of an IWLA would.

You are thinking of MPC, next to Cresap.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Cresap has always been hurting for members. One of the problems is that their public shooting hours used to be on Saturdays and Sundays from 10-3, but then they "claimed" members weren't getting to use the range, so they closed public hours for Saturdays. The real issue is that their membership is capped at 60 members, but they didn't have near enough members to do the Saturday and Sunday public hours, as membership started to dwindle. Another issue is that members of Cresap generally don't stay at Cresap for a long time, like members of an IWLA would.

You are thinking of MPC, next to Cresap.

DA, I like your assessment of Cresap and unfortunately have to agree, not to turn this into a bashing, every time I asked, about joining, I got the arrogant attitude more like I'm elite and you aren't, we are special, like a kid at kindergarten..nah..nah..nah..nah look at me, I asked several times, got the same attitude, must be on the "by laws list".
    Yeah MPC, was getting them confused meant to separate the two, MPC was a great club, great people, all willing to help, received many an instruction from the target shooters there,on how to improve, also had a bowling pin table, used to lay a tarp out and shoot away, had a friend that worked a Terrace lanes back then so 10 pins weren't a issue.
    IWLA, was a member at the Frederick Chapter, Ben was great took many of his courses and he sponsored me, work kicked in again and time was few and far between to give back to the club, it wasn't about the money, it was about giving back to the community that gave to me through my years, now with more time slowly becoming available, once I can give a club back I will join once again its about giving back, not just a place to shoot...

-Rock

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    DA, I like your assessment of Cresap and unfortunately have to agree, not to turn this into a bashing, every time I asked, about joining, I got the arrogant attitude more like I'm elite and you aren't, we are special, like a kid at kindergarten..nah..nah..nah..nah look at me, I asked several times, got the same attitude, must be on the "by laws list".
    Yeah MPC, was getting them confused meant to separate the two, MPC was a great club, great people, all willing to help, received many an instruction from the target shooters there,on how to improve, also had a bowling pin table, used to lay a tarp out and shoot away, had a friend that worked a Terrace lanes back then so 10 pins weren't a issue.
    IWLA, was a member at the Frederick Chapter, Ben was great took many of his courses and he sponsored me, work kicked in again and time was few and far between to give back to the club, it wasn't about the money, it was about giving back to the community that gave to me through my years, now with more time slowly becoming available, once I can give a club back I will join once again its about giving back, not just a place to shoot...

-Rock

Never intended it to be a bash post, it was things that I observed and picked up on, whenever I went there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom