• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    Where do you guys buy Pyrodex, balls, and percussion caps locally? Brownstone will not be open til Wednesday.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    HNP Black Powder
    601 E BACK RIVERNECK RD
    ESSEX, MD 21221
    410-238-1708

This is where I get a lot of my supplies. Great little shop.

bowtech25

Jun 13, 2009
    carroll county
    Powder horn gun shop in mcsherrystown PA 717 632 7844 10 min from Manchester. There is also hanover shooter supply cant remember his number off hand.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Where do you guys buy Pyrodex, balls, and percussion caps locally? Brownstone will not be open til Wednesday.

Brownstone is usually where I go. When going to or from Hagerstown by way of PA-16, I'll also stop in Hunter's Den on the near side of Waynesboro for that stuff.

I don't know if they have muzzle-loader stuff specifically but Reddings Hardware in Gettysburg is pretty close.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    Went to HNP, wrong time of day, but I got there. They are nice folks, everything is organized. They had everything at decent prices. Someone mentioned Dick's, they have nothing; no powder, caps,or balls. Bass Pro I try to never visit, parking is the pits, the lines suck and I don't like the neighborhood.

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    If you are real into muzzleloaders, google Dixons Gunworks. They are in Pa. About a 100 miles from here. I went up 6-7 yrs. ago for their annual July gun fair. It was awesome. :thumbsup:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Went to HNP, wrong time of day, but I got there. They are nice folks, everything is organized. They had everything at decent prices. Someone mentioned Dick's, they have nothing; no powder, caps,or balls. Bass Pro I try to never visit, parking is the pits, the lines suck and I don't like the neighborhood.

Dick's in Gambrills has little if anything. Definitely no powder or caps. No permit I was told. No interest in getting one, I noticed.

Looks like it's Bass Pro for me.

Dec 31, 2012
    Dick's in Gambrills has little if anything. Definitely no powder or caps. No permit I was told. No interest in getting one, I noticed.

Looks like it's Bass Pro for me.

Bass Pro is coming up short for everything except powder. They also no longer carry muzzle loaders in the store.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Since when are they not carrying muzzle loaders?
    I saw the combo packs on the shelf but did not look up on the racks behind the counter.

Dec 31, 2012
    Since when are they not carrying muzzle loaders?
    I saw the combo packs on the shelf but did not look up on the racks behind the counter.
    I was there(Arundel Mills) last night and specifically asked about black powder revolvers because the shelves were bare. Staff behind the counter said they no longer carry them in store.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was there(Arundel Mills) last night and specifically asked about black powder revolvers because the shelves were bare. Staff behind the counter said they no longer carry them in store.

ok, I know they sold the black powder revolvers before, but I would not say "they no longer carry muzzleloaders" as a general statement. They are big into selling inlines still. Not a traditional muzzleloader but a muzzleloader none the less.
    They used to sell the Traditions sidelock kits too, but I have not seen those there for at least the past 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom