How to register suppressor without paperwork.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    What suppressor?

See how simple that is?

Firewall has a much better plan: "No Mr. ATF agent, that's my trust's inconel and titanium bud vase. Isn't it pretty?" If that doesn't work, he will try "Suppressor? What are you talking about? That's the salt shaker. You can tell because there is only one hole in the top. I lost the pepper shaker, but it had 5 holes."

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Tug on it's winky...

That'll happen soon enough, black suburbans should be arriving in 3, 2, 1....

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Firewall will get only professional courtesy and understanding from his brothers at BATFE over this little matter of conspiracy.

Just like Ramos and Compean got from the DOJ.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You know, I love the smell of butthurt in a thread.

One time, this thread had 10-12 pages of butthurt and in the morning, when the thread played out. You couldn't find one of them, not one stinking troll, gawd damn post because of some damn troll response got the thread locked.

But that smell, that vasoline like butt hurt smell, was still there

It smelled.......It smelled like Victory

Someday, this thread is gonna end

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Or bury it for the zombie apocalypse and tell nobody. Otherwise you may end up on the wrong side of the feds.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    7 pages, surprised it's still going.

There has to be butthurt somewhere, cause someone got their ass rode like a rented mule.

Where's Chad? Now that I think about that previous comment.

:lol2:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You know, I love the smell of butthurt in a thread.

One time, this thread had 10-12 pages of butthurt and in the morning, when the thread played out. You couldn't find one of them, not one stinking troll, gawd damn post because of some damn troll response got the thread locked.

But that smell, that vasoline like butt hurt smell, was still there

It smelled.......It smelled like Victory

Someday, this thread is gonna end

As a movie buff, I had to quote this post for sheer effort, delivery, and accuracy. This is HIGH LEVEL movie quoting. The way you twisted it to suit the situation is the mark of a cinematic professional. WELL DONE Huckleberry. Well done. This is just your game.

Made this for ya.

60f4d874-4b8c-ac08.jpg

(I'm a movie quote machine. It freaks people out)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    OP firewall, I can give you this advice to help put this to rest. Mike Barnes is a DC lawyer and one of the foremost experts on NFA laws. He writes a regular column for Small Arms Review, the most informative publication for NFA matters. He can be contacted at:

MarkB17@aol.com

His firm has been specializing in all aspects of federal firearms laws since 1993

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    As a movie buff, I had to quote this post for sheer effort, delivery, and accuracy. This is HIGH LEVEL movie quoting. The way you twisted it to suit the situation is the mark of a cinematic professional. WELL DONE Huckleberry. Well done. This is just your game.

Made this for ya.

60f4d874-4b8c-ac08.jpg

(I'm a movie quote machine. It freaks people out)

Why, Thank You very much.

In threads like this one, It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Firewall fails to realize and will refuse to believe

In Rectum Vulnero Veritas

(In Butt Hurt there is truth)

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    My eyes glazed over when I read, "It was a FTF transfer in GA".

train_wreck.jpg

Seriously. ANY transfer of an NFA item requires paperwork, wait period, and a stamp. You can't legally do what the OP has stated (face-to-face). Therefore the act and the suppressor are by definition illegal. OP, you keep assuming there is some procedure in place to retroactively register the item. You have been told that none exists. Why is that so difficult to accept? You say that this sort of situation MUST have arisen before. It has, people do illegal things all the time. And there are procedures in place to deal with this. Confiscation of the item, and prosecution of the individual/entity possessing it.

The only way to do a face-to-face that I'm aware of is the nonsense that has been discussed on the forum about people using one trust per item, then simply adding/changing the trustee to accomplish the transfer. However since the OP states that no Form 1 was filed; please see previous paragraph.

THe ATF has its hands full trying to deal with normal, everyday operations considering thier manning issues. They are not going to worry about dealing with an problem like this by making some special exemption, or showing your friend any special consideration. They will simply take sieze the item, and possibly prosecute.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ah, this thread just made my morning. Nothing like a little denial of reality to get the party going. I wonder if the OP realizes that at least two different lawyers told him to nuke this thing from orbit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom