• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    The mistakes you could make that actually get you put out are very few. Basically if you do a major infraction like potentially putting lead outside of the range by not following proper procedures, you’d be out. But.... it’s pretty easy to not screw up. I think the biggest thing is knowing the rules, and if you make a mistake owning up to it rather than letting someone find out. They have cameras at Stoney creek so they always find out.

I am sponsoring a friend this Friday, but if people are truly interested when I’m done with him I’ll help people out on here.

Thats not bad at all. Sounds like common sense is all you need. I may take you up on that. Much appreciated

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Exactly right. And that's part of the reason for the vetting process. In this area, any "incident", even something seemingly as minor as shooting outside of the agreed hours, could spell significant trouble for the clubs. When it's an honor system, it's critical to be sure the club members are honorable.

JoeR

Yep. AGC rules have changed substantially in the time I've been there, but at least they own the land and are looking to buy up properties upwind of the berms that might cause them issues in the future.

For smaller ranges that lease land or are closer housing developments, the risks are higher. Any infringement can trigger legal battles and we are definitely NOT in legally defensible 2A country here in the great Free State of MD.

Personally if I was asked to pee test to qualify at an awesome range closer to me, I'd do it. Hell I already have to get fingerprinted and licensed to buy one more handgun that I already have.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    There’s no pee test for Stoney Creek just to clarify. It’s an “interview” with club investigators. I’m pretty sure they just make sure you’re and NRA member and that you’re not disqualified through case search.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    There’s no pee test for Stoney Creek just to clarify. It’s an “interview” with club investigators. I’m pretty sure they just make sure you’re and NRA member and that you’re not disqualified through case search.

Also, Stoney Creek requires Hunter Safety in addition to NRA membership. So many hours of volenteer work or you're charged the difference when it comes to dues time.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I've been watching this thread with interest. Been a member at AGC for several years and love the facility. Appreciate the RSOs paying attention to keep everybody safe, and never had a bad experience with them. But, it's an hour's drive to get there.

Considering AAFG, but it seems cost prohibitive considering the annual assessments in addition to the membership fee. Stony Creek seems like a good choice, too, and I'll be there on the 25th for the Hunter Safety class.

It would be nice to have a range closer to home. :rolleyes:

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Not to derail this thread to much but I'm looking to join AAFG PM if your willing to give me the "tour"...

Had to update. Very kind member here on MDS volunteered to sponsor me at AAFG. Thank you! :party29: Currently I'm a provisional member and I'm very happy with the club.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Had to update. Very kind member here on MDS volunteered to sponsor me at AAFG. Thank you! :party29: Currently I'm a provisional member and I'm very happy with the club.

Thats great to hear glad you benefited from this thread! Ill be joining stoney creek soon.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Meade Rifle And Pistol Club is $25 a year and gets you access to the ranges at Ft Meade. 8 pistol ranges and two rifle ranges, 300 and 600 yards. They are also an AGC affilated club so you get access there. Range time at Ft Meade is only one weekend a month and the club is met at the gate by an armed guard and must enter and leave as a group so very inflexible there. It works for me as that’s about all I have time for anyway.

https://mrpc-online.org

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Also, Stoney Creek requires Hunter Safety in addition to NRA membership. So many hours of volenteer work or you're charged the difference when it comes to dues time.

I used to belong to AGC but dropped my membership years ago. I have lived in Pasadena for 29 years and should have joined Stoney Creek when I moved here. Now that I would like to and even though I know a couple guys at church that could sponsor me, I work nights so I would not be able to make the meetings.
    One question though. Would they accept my Hunter Safety card from 1971? :o

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I used to belong to AGC but dropped my membership years ago. I have lived in Pasadena for 29 years and should have joined Stoney Creek when I moved here. Now that I would like to and even though I know a couple guys at church that could sponsor me, I work nights so I would not be able to make the meetings.
    One question though. Would they accept my Hunter Safety card from 1971? :o

I believe so, just make sure you have PROOF of having hunter safety. You can get a replacement card (I had too, funny thing though, it's dated 1900 lol. I wasn't even born then nor was my father).
    As far as meetings go you will have to attend at least two. One to be presented to the club members, the second to be voted in. After that, unless you attend 6 meetings you are not allowed to vote in elections of officers and you need 12 meetings to be an officer.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I belong to SLFSA up in quarryville. They will be accepting new members in Jan. You will have to attend their orientation in order to join. Rifle ranges up to 300 yds. May be far for some.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I belong to SLFSA up in quarryville. They will be accepting new members in Jan. You will have to attend their orientation in order to join. Rifle ranges up to 300 yds. May be far for some.

This is where I am a member.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Nobody talks about Baltimore County Fish and Game. I have someone who will sponsor me but it always seems like their waiting list is years long. Are there any members here with BCFG? Is it worth trying to get in line this June? Thanks in advance,

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , back that far, you Can't get a duplicate Hunter Safety Card .

The state only has records dating back to when HS became mandatory ( 1977 ) . The classes were around several years before , when they were recommended , but voluntary .

I'm in that situation . I took HS circa '73 , state has no accessible records, the sponsoring Club became defunct 20 some yrs ago .( I'm also Grandfathered by having had Hunting Lic before '77 .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom