• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Hello everyone, been poking around and decided to create an account. I'm just a guy who likes rifles.

I'm in the process of getting my HQL and ran into the wonderful issue once again of being a twin. eMDSP has me enter my DOB and last name and it brings up my brothers information since those two pieces of information are the same for both of us. I've emailed their help address, but I suspect I'm going to be jumping through some hoops.

I'm building my first AR-15 soon, so I'll be sharing that and probably asking questions about it and many other things in the near future.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 159

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    That should not have been a disqualifier, since they require fingerprints.

It's not a disqualifier, it just prevents me from creating an account to complete the process. They don't seem to have anyway of telling the system "I am not the person below but do have the same last name and DOB".

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It's not a disqualifier, it just prevents me from creating an account to complete the process. They don't seem to have anyway of telling the system "I am not the person below but do have the same last name and DOB".

Sure, sounds like a disqualifier, when you are not allowed to proceed.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I wanted to update that I got a response from MSP, their system only allows one person with a last name and DOB to be entered. What they told me to do was to enter my last name, and then enter any date other than my DOB in. Once I did that I could update the info with my real DOB before actually creating my account. Went through the process and everything is good now, getting the fingerprints done Monday and submitting as soon as they are done. Once I receive my HQL I just need to decide what I'm buying first.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I wanted to update that I got a response from MSP, their system only allows one person with a last name and DOB to be entered.

This is complete idiocy. Not on rrg's part, but the person/people who set up this system. Entry unique by dob+last name? Did they not consider there are probably enough smiths and/or jones's in the state who were born in the same year to cause numerous duplicatations?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    This is complete idiocy. Not on rrg's part, but the person/people who set up this system. Entry unique by dob+last name? Did they not consider there are probably enough smiths and/or jones's in the state who were born in the same year to cause numerous duplicatations?

Yeah the company behind this didn't think it through, my aunt used to work for the state in their Developmental Disabilities Program, their software never worked like it should for them because no one ever stopped to ask the people who actually have to use it how it should work. I remember her talking about how they had to keep data updated between the old system and new system because the new one periodically lost information. The state uses specific vendors who charge them hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars in development and support contracts and the software is never right, it's just usable enough to meet the minimum contract requirements.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Thanks guys, I'm over in Queen Anne's county so a bit far from Frederick, but I'll be sure to ask any questions.

Ah, Clandestine is in Cecil County, so depending where you are in Queen Anne's maybe not all that far.

Welcome to the forum.

BTW - I lived on Kent Island for 11 years.......

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom