• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Got mine today ... a weekend quicker than 2 weeks, but they got my name wrong on the reply letter ... called and they said call back on Monday to see if they put it in the system right or wrong

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    Wondering... Is there a fax number for submission of the MD Collector Application? Not that speed is a characteristic of government, but just easier...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    So other than transport purposes in the middle of the night and waiting 30 days what other reasons to have this? Or is that it?

Waiting 30 days in between was more than enough reason for me. 30 days is a serious PITA if you collect.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I am very excited to annouce that two weeks ago I mailed my Des. Collector application and received my approval today. WooHoo

pjody

Nov 30, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I have been reading up on it from what I can tell having it removes the limit of buying a regulated firearm every 30 days. I can't really see any other limits or requirements.

Because there looks like a lot to gain and no side effects I decided to look over the form. The form looks pretty straight forward except for one of the questions? The question is "Describe nature of collecting activities"?

What is generally put there?

Thanks
    Robert
    I put "Purchasing regulated firearms to further enhance my existing collection" and had no problem.

pjody

Nov 30, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I was told by Captain Michael Cusimano that fax is not an approved method of submission but was allowed to email a PDF copy and that sufficed event though the notary seal was not visible.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I put "purchasing as many regulated firearms as possible to prepare for the zombie apocalypse" and I was approved two weeks later. Not really. But I should have.

I kept it simple. "I collect modern regulated firearms."

Last edited:

mclugnut

Oct 11, 2011
    +1 used MDeng's response

I always suggest " Collecting firearms of all types." No reason to limit yourself, not that it matters once you are listed as a collector.

+1 this one worked for me. Got letter in about a month!

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    I put to enhance my personal firearms collection. It took 65 days to get my letter from the SP but now I have it and it comes in handy for buying more than one regulated firearm in a 30 day pd but it also gives you some more rights in MD when transporting your firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom