• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    These things are bad, sure, but I'd rather see 10 OJs or Klan members go free (preferably to meet their ends at the hands of more prepared would-be victims) than one innocent man go to jail because of an unjust law. You can fight thugs, bigots and crazed football stars but fighting the state is hard.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Amen brother, right with you.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

a216vcti

Cliff
    Oct 19, 2009
    I liked the part where the statistics showed that 93% of applicants were granted CCWs. I'm guessing 100% of the 93% were police and correctional officers.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    When you're representing a defendant in a case at the pinnacle of the 2a debate, you don't come unprepared and sounding like you housed a pint of vodka and bumped a line of aderol before you left the restroom. Gansler destroyed that fool. Maybe that's why hes the AG and William's representative probably works out of an office on top of a cluck u chicken.

I've seen public defenders stretched out from heavy cased loads 10x better prepared and spoken than that guy. Sadly, you get what you pay for in the judicial system. However, I don't see this case turning out much different in Marylandistan with a high priced lawyer.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I liked the part where the statistics showed that 93% of applicants were granted CCWs. I'm guessing 100% of the 93% were police and correctional officers.

What he forgets to mention is out of a state of 5.6MM, only 783 permits (circa 2008) were issued for "personal protection", which is 0.01% Yes, read that "one, one-hundredth of one percent". Not to mention that if you narrow down all the applications issued, during that time, less than 2% of all issued applications were for "personal protection". The other 98+% permits went to: retired officers, judges, politicians, store and business owners, doctors, armored car personnel, prison guards, etc... NOT John Q. Public. So in all fairness, it wasn't 100% of the 93%, but 98.2%, of the 93%, if you throw in business owners, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom