• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    It looks like I'll be waiting to sight my new optic in. lol

That or one of my buddies will hook me up once they find out I am out.

I'm glad I have ~3,000 rounds of other stuff I can play around with.

That is what I get for telling my buddy to not to worry about picking up any rounds for the AR since I had 500 rounds for him and his nephew to fire off about a month before Xmas.
    He owed him an Xmas present from the previous year and only has a Glock 17. So I brought my whole arsenal and let them go to town to make up for it. :D
    Karma though...it'll come back around. I have faith...

I'll have to get him to send the video's we made of shooting the Desert Eagle. Everyone had a blast...

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Yup and pick up an ak

One of my other buddies did just that. AK, plus 450 rounds for $250. Caveat was he had to pay another $200 for the rounds since the guy didn't want to get "stuck" with them.

He told me about it at the UFC fight night last night that we all get together for. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

He said something about picking up a MP5 G3? parts build for $500 or something, then another $175 for the receiver, and then is going to rebuild it himself.
    It sounded like a good deal, but I'm not that familiar with them. I just know it isn't cheap to get those assembled, but he said he is going to do it himself.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    One of my other buddies did just that. AK, plus 450 rounds for $250. Caveat was he had to pay another $200 for the rounds since the guy didn't want to get "stuck" with them.

He told me about it at the UFC fight night last night that we all get together for. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

He said something about picking up a MP5 G3? parts build for $500 or something, then another $175 for the receiver, and then is going to rebuild it himself.
    It sounded like a good deal, but I'm not that familiar with them. I just know it isn't cheap to get those assembled, but he said he is going to do it himself.

an mp5 or a G3? or both?

A g3 isn't that hard to assemble, pretty cheap too, especially magazines, which are like 2 bucks a piece shipped.

The value collapses though, when you realize how expensive the .308 you're going to have to buy to shoot it regularly. Also, since it has a roller-delayed locking action the felt recoil is FIERCE- like mosin nagant fierce after you've chopped ten inches off the barrel and put it in a light fiberglass stock.

Incredibly accurate though, and very reliable, I would pick up a second set of roller-locks though, they wear out after about 17k rounds.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    an mp5 or a G3? or both?

A g3 isn't that hard to assemble, pretty cheap too, especially magazines, which are like 2 bucks a piece shipped.

The value collapses though, when you realize how expensive the .308 you're going to have to buy to shoot it regularly. Also, since it has a roller-delayed locking action the felt recoil is FIERCE- like mosin nagant fierce after you've chopped ten inches off the barrel and put it in a light fiberglass stock.

Incredibly accurate though, and very reliable, I would pick up a second set of roller-locks though, they wear out after about 17k rounds.

You have gotta understand the type of guy he is. He TALKS lot, and more often then not, I just wait to see how it turns out in the end. :lol:
    I have no clue what he was talking about. That I why I said I wasn't sure what he was even alluding to.
    I tried to tell him that an MP5 probably wasn't what he got if it was that inexpensive. I know from experience with him, since he is like a brother, has a big heart, but even a bigger mouth, to just listen and say, "right on - I can't wait to check it out." For all I know, he'll show up with a Saiga better than mine just to show me up :party29:

To be honest, I've never even heard of a G3. I just wrote what he told me he had coming.
    I love him to death though and can't wait to see what he ends up building...if he even ends up with anything. lol :innocent0

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I don't know, considering average is turning into 1$ a round, this might be.

But you have to draw the line somewhere. And that's way over the line for me. I understand they are hard to get, but you can't let all of your brains to leak out of your head just so you can sit on 223. If you pay to much then you would not want to shoot them so what's the point?

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I went to PA yesterday and got 300 rds .223 at more or less fair prices. No rifles and few pistols left though. Seems they have a steady supply every few days. Two 30rd magazines too.

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    A guy I know sold two p-mags for $105 on eBay. The good thing about all the crazy buying is all the new people who do not know about guns and are buying based on fear. This will eventually blow over and then in a year or so these people are going to start trying to dump this stuff for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom